Anyone got 2" lift and 31x10.5 tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some seriously good looking trucks guys,

as for lift kits my ifs truck came from japan with 31s no lift, now running 32 11.50s (going to 33s when they wear out) with 4" pro comp kit.
    all i wanted to add was be sure to shop around for prices when i bought mine, about 2 years ago, LA supertrucks wanted to charge vat on top of the vat inc price of the pro comp kit direct from pro comp/explorer uk
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Thanks for the replies and pics people.

Just as an aside, I found these new Kumho MT tyres on their site when I went looking:

They certainly look quite cool, don't think they are available though - can't find any information or reviews on the web, only this:
      http://www.kumhotire.com/int/Tires/S...&product=SUGR5
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Hmmm very nice.... will follow this thread with interest

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala

Does look like my Torsion bars are sagging though... and those blasted ProComp springs... that are closer 1" than 2"

andyL
          Ever considered putting some 1" or 2" spring spacers in? I think my +2" springs have relaxed a little in the 2 years they've been on so I might do something like that.

Nevillef

Comment

According to a man who knows these things the KL71 was released in the US in Jan, but isnt available over in UK yet. As its primarily a rock crawling tyre they apparently didnt expect much of a market here. It may become available later in the year apparently.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Just ordered some Kumho MT's (the 834 tread pattern) from a local tyre place, perhaps not quite as cheap as the quote Linda had from that place in Andover but a set of 5 fully fitted for £372.50 (£74.50 per tyre) as opposed to BFG MT which would have been £575.95 (£115.19 per tyre). A difference of over £200!

Just hope the reviews of the Kumhos I have seen on the internet which compare them very favourably against the BFG in a lot of aspects are true...
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
                Just ordered some Kumho MT's (the 834 tread pattern) from a local tyre place, perhaps not quite as cheap as the quote Linda had from that place in Andover but a set of 5 fully fitted for £372.50 (£74.50 per tyre) as opposed to BFG MT which would have been £575.95 (£115.19 per tyre). A difference of over £200!

Just hope the reviews of the Kumhos I have seen on the internet which compare them very favourably against the BFG in a lot of aspects are true...
                They are a touch noisier, but off road performance, and general road holding seems pretty similar!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Nevillef,

working on it, working on it.

andyL

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                  Ever considered putting some 1" or 2" spring spacers in? I think my +2" springs have relaxed a little in the 2 years they've been on so I might do something like that.

Nevillef

Comment

all i can add is i know thery pricey but i love my 32" BFGs muds, 2 trucks 4 1/2 years about 50k miles and still going well, seem to be wearing abit quicker in last 6 months but i will be replacing them with 33" BFGs when they're done

ps read in marchs "pertersens 4wheel & off road" BFG are looking to change the mud tread pattern, sort of son of BFG Krawler tread pattern, probably come out a week after i buy new ones!
                    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                    X