Warranty Warning!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Warning!!!!

bought my surf a month ago garage gave me 3 months rac warranty on sun car broke down rac eventually came out tried to charge me £70 callout charge, warranty does not cover you being recovered to garage. eventually towed me to toyota dealer at rac mans recomendation, something to do with rear diff contacted rac again today they say when garage knows what is wrong they will decide wether they are going to pay or not but will not pay for garage to investigate what is wrong (currently at £100) they will only pay for work and there is a limit on labour, just wondered what the f**k is the point in a warranty that basically doesnt cover you for jack s**t as you can see i am very very very p****d off just warning anyone buying car with warranty check everything that is covered dont get skanked!!!!!!!

Your complaints are probably universal to most Third Party Warranty schemes (i.e.warranties not involving the dealer that sold the car to you). Basically most are not worth the paper they are written let alone the £300 or so you may have paid for it.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
      bought my surf a month ago garage gave me 3 months rac warranty on sun car broke down rac eventually came out tried to charge me £70 callout charge, warranty does not cover you being recovered to garage. eventually towed me to toyota dealer at rac mans recomendation, something to do with rear diff contacted rac again today they say when garage knows what is wrong they will decide wether they are going to pay or not but will not pay for garage to investigate what is wrong (currently at £100) they will only pay for work and there is a limit on labour, just wondered what the f**k is the point in a warranty that basically doesnt cover you for jack s**t as you can see i am very very very p****d off just warning anyone buying car with warranty check everything that is covered dont get skanked!!!!!!!

if you only bought it a month ago the garage is bound by trading standards to sort it out, (within 3 month i think) regardless of any other warranty

ship

Comment

You want to take them to the small claims court.

Regardless of what the warranty stipulates traders still have to sell motors that are fit for purpose.

I had to take a trader to court to recover money I had to spend on fitting a new engine (8 weeks after buying it, cam belt tensioner went), took 18 months but eventually got it all back..............he wasn't happy and his final words to me on leaving court was "you ain't got the money yet" but he paid up.

You can do it all online, search for "money claims online"

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
          You want to take them to the small claims court.

Regardless of what the warranty stipulates traders still have to sell motors that are fit for purpose.

I had to take a trader to court to recover money I had to spend on fitting a new engine (8 weeks after buying it, cam belt tensioner went), took 18 months but eventually got it all back..............he wasn't happy and his final words to me on leaving court was "you ain't got the money yet" but he paid up.

You can do it all online, search for "money claims online"

Good luck.
          cheers for info guys think ill pay dealer a visit and take my brother with me sorry i meant BIG brother!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X