CB Radio etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio etiquette

Just sorted my CB out with new whip antenna (SWR'd) getting imput from approx 15 miles...............is this good bad or what?

I know that channel 9 is for emergencies but what's the proper script on citizen band radio?

Never played with it at all in the 80's (he he) when it was quite popular so know jack about it really.

channel 9 for emergencies was more a thing of the past... clubs used to monitor it, but nowadays i reckon you could shout emergency all day but be better off using a mobile!

19 is kinda the main channel, used for traffic reporting, trucks etc... some areas they use 14 instead

any other channel is just for chatting...

i leave mine on all day and rarely hear a thing, but as soon as there's any serious traffic stuff it comes alive.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I thought 11 meters was dead we hear more HGV drivers coming onto the amateur repeaters daily knowing that they can hold a chat with a buddy for a lot longer than 5 seconds as you pass each other on the motorway. On top of that we also have the use of internet repeaters now i regulaly speak to an old mate who now lives in New York state beats BT anyday......

All for £15 a year good value
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
        I thought 11 meters was dead we hear more HGV drivers coming onto the amateur repeaters daily knowing that they can hold a chat with a buddy for a lot longer than 5 seconds as you pass each other on the motorway. On top of that we also have the use of internet repeaters now i regulaly speak to an old mate who now lives in New York state beats BT anyday......

All for £15 a year good value
        it's only good if you're following in convoy... especially crap if neither has a good setup!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X