:D got my surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :D got my surf

Picked it up the other night (have drove more since i got it than i have for the last month lol)

http://www.sef.um-network.com/ste00/surf.jpg
    ^pic of it ^

Only prob it has is a lose battery connection so some times i have to lift the bonnet and wiggle it a bit (common thing? any easy cure?)

Took it off road (ok a rockey beach with pot holes... stop laughing!) kinda pooped myself when i realised it had a barrier at a cirtan hight and i was heading towards it at 30mph... but it fit , tested a few things out on there (got some funny looks from a guy in a punto lol),

all in all its a great car

EDIT: just rembered... anyone know a online ENGLISH manual for them? mine came with a nice japanise one (useless to me...), oh and its a 1993 ssr-x Limited, 3.0TD auto,
    Last edited by Ste00; 6 March 2005, 21:24.

Originally posted by Ste00
    Picked it up the other night (have drove more since i got it than i have for the last month lol)

http://www.sef.um-network.com/ste00/surf.jpg
    ^pic of it ^

Only prob it has is a lose battery connection so some times i have to lift the bonnet and wiggle it a bit (common thing? any easy cure?)

Took it off road (ok a rockey beach with pot holes... stop laughing!) kinda pooped myself when i realised it had a barrier at a cirtan hight and i was heading towards it at 30mph... but it fit , tested a few things out on there (got some funny looks from a guy in a punto lol),

all in all its a great car

EDIT: just rembered... anyone know a online ENGLISH manual for them? mine came with a nice japanise one (useless to me...), oh and its a 1993 ssr-x Limited, 3.0TD auto,
    Do a search on Ebay for Hilux Surf - there are dozens of people selling handbooks for Surfs - got one myself when I first got my Surf - by the time the manual came I had worked out how everything worked anyway.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

k i will do that,

i want the manual more for tire presures and warnings, the jap one gives me a rough idea but would prefer it in english,

Comment

wish my surf was as clean as urs, only washed mine once since june '04. took me 3 hrs so i ain't doing that again very nice motor you got urself.
        lets go get dirty...

Comment

hi try this place
          http://www.importhandbooks.co.uk/
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks , its a bit dirty (not muddy ) was going to take it to a jet was the other day till i saw it was £6 for the cheapest they did, and the drive through one un-susprisingly told me it wouldnt fit lol,

Comment

Nice truck, it looks like Hippo's sister - her clean sister !!!!

You have to take it properly offroad and christen her - the foglight has to go !

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

lol yeah that fog light does need some terrain assisted re-location... guess i should get down to moving it into the bumper tomorrow, (anyone got a spare middle section of gen 2 bumper for when i screw the current one up lol?),

main thing i want to do is swap out the radio (radio 1 has a wierd selection as the day goes on...) but halfords want £13 for the adaptor :O

Comment

k i will do that,

i want the manual more for tire presures and warnings, the jap one gives me a rough idea but would prefer it in english,
                  What you want a manual for when you got all this knowledge and wisdom on here at a click of a button, and its free too.

Comment

cause my laptop doesnt like my mobile phone lol?

Comment

lol yeah that fog light does need some terrain assisted re-location... guess i should get down to moving it into the bumper tomorrow, (anyone got a spare middle section of gen 2 bumper for when i screw the current one up lol?),

main thing i want to do is swap out the radio (radio 1 has a wierd selection as the day goes on...) but halfords want £13 for the adaptor :O
                      Mines screwed to the bumper rather than under, a trip to Salisbury Plain saw off the original

Funny but with the graphics we have, go offroading in the mud and the logo disappears

When I got mine I dragged it down to the local car audio shop and got a Kenwood CD Changer system installed

Trev

Comment

prob is i have had my nice sony CDX-F5700 in my last 2 cars (paid alot for it about 4 months ago) and no were will fit it for me... so its a job i have to do myself... lol just spotted that on this site they are only £7 odd for the connecters... might print the sight off and see if halfords have a price promise thing... cause £7 including p+p they cant really argue...

i was thinking more of cutting a hole in the bumper and mounting the fog light inside with some aluminium mesh infront of it (gotta got a bit ott havent i lol),

and the graphics will be staying, i actually quite like them,

EDIT: also got a pic of under the bonnet,

http://www.sef.um-network.com/ste00/np2.jpg
                        the battery on the dirvers side is the one that i am having the probs with... the connecter under the red rubber thing to be exact...

Comment

By eck that's a nice one... wish i'd got a 3.0 as i've had quite a few problems with my 2.4.
                          French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

prob is i have had my nice sony CDX-F5700 in my last 2 cars (paid alot for it about 4 months ago) and no were will fit it for me... so its a job i have to do myself... lol just spotted that on this site they are only £7 odd for the connecters... might print the sight off and see if halfords have a price promise thing... cause £7 including p+p they cant really argue...

i was thinking more of cutting a hole in the bumper and mounting the fog light inside with some aluminium mesh infront of it (gotta got a bit ott havent i lol),

and the graphics will be staying, i actually quite like them,

EDIT: also got a pic of under the bonnet,

http://www.sef.um-network.com/ste00/np2.jpg
                            the battery on the dirvers side is the one that i am having the probs with... the connecter under the red rubber thing to be exact...
                            hmmmmmmmmmmm
                            SLIGHTLY cleaner than mine

Comment

lol just a bit,

almost dug out that number u sent me (think it was u... my memory sucks lol) this morning when it didnt start this morning... would have felt a rite idiot when i realised it was just the battery connection...

Comment

Working...
                              X