door electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door electrics

only just noticed you replied to thread ref door electrics.bushwacker,dirtydog, kitesurf,madcambel.
    the breaks in the wiring loom on mine were located in the flexi rubber inbetween the drivers door and the a pillar. only prob is stripping door and lower dash, dissconnect all plugs from door pull wiring thru to inside vehicle and inspect and repair. use a supple cable to repair or it wont last
    good luck and sorry for delayed reply
    Last edited by mud skipper; 4 March 2005, 23:24.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Thanks
    Will look at that when it warm up a bit (mid summer)

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
      only just noticed you replied to thread ref door electrics.bushwacker,dirtydog, kitesurf,madcambel.
      the breaks in the wiring loom on mine were located in the flexi rubber inbetween the drivers door and the a pillar. only prob is stripping door and lower dash, dissconnect all plugs from door pull wiring thru to inside vehicle and inspect and repair. use a supply cable to repair or it wont last
      good luck and sorry for delayed reply
      Yup- appears to be a fairly common problem.

Nevillef

Comment

how do you get all the plugs out the door handle then? when I tried to sort my electric windows I could not get them all of by unscrewing it from the door?
        can I prise the top of the armrest off to get at them?

cheers for the reply by the way
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          how do you get all the plugs out the door handle then? when I tried to sort my electric windows I could not get them all of by unscrewing it from the door?
          can I prise the top of the armrest off to get at them?

cheers for the reply by the way

yes thats the way to do it, gently pull the bit up that has the switch/s on it. Pull from the front end first (nearest end to the dash) pull up gently and all will be revealed.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Working...
          X