help!!!!!help!!!!!help!!!!!help!!!!!HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiTtLeMaT
    we had a 2.8 frontera (isuzu) and it went like s**t off a shovel and never let us down (thats is her aurgement)
    In a straight line like the others, round the bends no contest Surf handles better. So you can add in that its a safer car as well bit.
    MPG round town like all things varies, heavy right foot and it suffers like all big cars, drive it steady and it returns a bit more its all down to to driving style and journeys covered,
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by LiTtLeMaT
      well me and the wife had a little chat last night (i threw my dummie out the pram) and i have finally talked her in to going for a test drive in the surf

we had a 2.8 frontera (isuzu) and it went like s**t off a shovel and never let us down (thats is her aurgement)
      but i think i am winning with the surf
      she is spending the day with her brother today who has a 3ltr surf so hopefully he will talk her in to it

i am praying long and hard to the car goods (PLEASE LET ME HAVE MY SURF)

thanks for all your comments i will show the wife and it may help her to make up her mind
      The newer Fronteras aren't as bad as the older ones which were under powered, some had dodgy electrics. The only two models really worth looking at are the post 1998 2.8L diesel or the 3.2L petrol. Don't bother with anything else.

The 'market' knows these are the better models and as such they command a premium- a 3.0L Surf might be better value. Look at the prices and see what you get for the money.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        In a straight line like the others, round the bends no contest Surf handles better. So you can add in that its a safer car as well bit.
        MPG round town like all things varies, heavy right foot and it suffers like all big cars, drive it steady and it returns a bit more its all down to to driving style and journeys covered,
        The missus drives an Isuzu Bighorn SWB(Vauxhall Montery) and the BL**DY thing handles like a waterbed.
        A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

well the wife has driven a surf and she liked it a lot and said she would like 1 but her dad has just go a frontera and she drove that today and says she prefers it so it looks like the frontera will win on the family car but in the same note she has agreed that the surfs are very nice so i am saving all my pennies (lots of overtime)
          so i will have to get her the frontera and get myself a surf so eather way i will have a surf just gotta save up a bit

Comment

Oh well- when it goes t*ts up you can say with some smugness 'I told you to get a Surf!'.

Or even better 'I'll come out in MY Surf and tow YOUR car home......'

Which engine/year Frontera are you lumbered with by the way?

Nevillef

Comment

just do what i,d do and give her a slap and tell her thats the way it,s going to b............... (mrs ship just walked in)

ship>

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                Oh well- when it goes t*ts up you can say with some smugness 'I told you to get a Surf!'.

Or even better 'I'll come out in MY Surf and tow YOUR car home......'

Which engine/year Frontera are you lumbered with by the way?

Nevillef
                GOING TO GET A 2.8 TDI MANUL AS THATS WHAT WE HAD B4 AND ITS THE BEST ALLROUNDER

Comment

Working...
                X