help!!!!!help!!!!!help!!!!!help!!!!!HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!!!!help!!!!!help!!!!!help!!!!!HELP

well as many of you know i wrote off a frontera last friday and am waiting for insurance money to come through so i can get a surf
    well the help i need is that the wife (who will be using the surf as a evryday family car ) has said she wants anouther frontera as the insurance on the surf will be just over a grand (as i am only 23 with no noclaims) and her brother has a surf (3ltr) she has been chatting to him and she says that its to expensive (approx 20-25 mpg round town ) also expensive on parts as its a jap import she has seen a frontera witch is a nice 1 looks good and all that but I WANT A SURF AND NEED TO TALK HER IN TO GETTING 1
    please help me
    HELP!!!!!HELP!!!!!HELP!!!!!
    WHAT THE f^$K CAN I DO TO CHANGE HER MIND

firstly shop around for insurance quotes - do some searches on here. many people have much cheaper quotes than that.

mpg - shes roughly right...

parts - really no more expensive than any other car. There are a lot of places selling aftermarket parts now, and most Toyota garades are happy to help with surf parts (although as with any car Original parts from the dealer are always costly.) I once had a Renault clio and the parts for that were astronomical compared with my surf!!

and finally - there is the style thing - she will look sooooo good in a surf, and wont have to be ashamed whereever she goes.....

Good luck!!

Originally posted by LiTtLeMaT
    well as many of you know i wrote off a frontera last friday and am waiting for insurance money to come through so i can get a surf
    well the help i need is that the wife (who will be using the surf as a evryday family car ) has said she wants anouther frontera as the insurance on the surf will be just over a grand (as i am only 23 with no noclaims) and her brother has a surf (3ltr) she has been chatting to him and she says that its to expensive (approx 20-25 mpg round town ) also expensive on parts as its a jap import she has seen a frontera witch is a nice 1 looks good and all that but I WANT A SURF AND NEED TO TALK HER IN TO GETTING 1
    please help me
    HELP!!!!!HELP!!!!!HELP!!!!!
    WHAT THE f^$K CAN I DO TO CHANGE HER MIND
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

NO CONTEST ! JAP OR CRAP ?
      the fr***t**a will need twice the spares and OIL

Comment

tesco's is the best i found. i'm only 23 and its £600 fully comp parked on the road. you should get a decent alarm as well (cat 1). ive got tracker on mine and i helped loads with the insurance!

and you need to remember that the F-word is made by Vauxhall!!!!! need i say more?
        2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

Has She Driven The Surf????
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I live in Frontera City (Luton) there are loads round here and they are mostly owned by Vauxhall employees or their relatives because the get a thumping good deal on them. In other words their ownership is subsidised.

The Surf is a much cooler car. It will spend more time on the road than in the garage compared to a Frontera and won't leave oil patches on your drive. You can get more shopping in a Surf. Tell your wife that you will be able to do all those DIY jobs around the house now because you can carry bigger things from B&Qs
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Frontera = cheap and nasty

Go for the surf, parts are easily available and cheapish, you just need to shop about.
              Shop around for insurance too, mine's only £290 full comp. Lifesure is a good bet. www.lifesure.co.uk

Also with a surf you get the added bonus of having a massive grin on yer face every time you drive it

Andy.

Comment

i had a 2.2 petrol f******a b4 i got my surf i was only getting 300miles from £55 of fuel i found the the surf is better on juice the the f******a

so go with your heart and pick the SURF
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

all linda said and take her to garage and let her test drive it then get your money ready she will have the grin after the test drive SURF SOLD TO YOU
                  downside she will want to drive it all time tho
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

i had a 2.2 fontera

poor ride back pains poor fuel economy poor starting when cold kept blowing fuses poor rear vision

take my advice buy the surf
                    ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

is this going to link back to the surf or partner thing???
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sister had her heart set on a LWB Frontera and after buying she found it couldn't pull it's own backside up a hill....never mind a trailer...

They now have an Isuzu LWB, but I've driven that and its like waiting for a snail race

The surf is cleaner for driving, more responsive and to me, more confortable

and dont forget that GriN factor
                        Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                          NO CONTEST ! JAP OR CRAP ?
                          the fr***t**a will need twice the spares and OIL
                          Err....the Opel/Vauxhall Frontera is a Japanese designed car marketed by GM outside of Europe as the Isuzu Rodeo.

And just to remind awfull they look moded....

http://www.allautonet.com/members/druzu99/

Comment

so it's a jap car?
                            [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

well me and the wife had a little chat last night (i threw my dummie out the pram) and i have finally talked her in to going for a test drive in the surf

we had a 2.8 frontera (isuzu) and it went like s**t off a shovel and never let us down (thats is her aurgement)
                              but i think i am winning with the surf
                              she is spending the day with her brother today who has a 3ltr surf so hopefully he will talk her in to it

i am praying long and hard to the car goods (PLEASE LET ME HAVE MY SURF)

thanks for all your comments i will show the wife and it may help her to make up her mind

Comment

Working...
                              X