To buy or not to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had mine near 2 years now
    no good worryin about something that may never happen, or if you do/will get a 3ltr
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by pops
      no good worryin about something that may never happen, or if you do/will get a 3ltr
      Thanks for cheering me up!
      [COLOR=Red]Fallen4Hilux[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen4Hilux
        Thanks for cheering me up!
        your welcome

have you bought it yet???
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

your welcome

have you bought it yet???
          I don't know what to do I've had mixed advice and have seen cheaper one's elsewhere!

Comment

One thing to be carefull of is getting paranoid (?) about the surf because of all the problems you see on this site most of them are easy to solve with help from the people on here
            what pops says here is sooo true

If you like the one over the road then go for it and HAGGLE us brits just don't do it enough

You have seen cheaper and without rust and carefully checking the surf out you may find more ammo to reduce the price Check the eletric mirrors work...nearly everyone elses don't on this site (2nd gen).another £150 off rust £75 repair more money off the fog lamp hanging off the back oh another £20 off when you go for a test drive check for steering wheel wobble oh dear 4 new tyres £400 bill go half £200 off and turn sharp corners left and right and you will probabley find a horrible metal on metal noise bump stop caps have come off (bit of grease sorts it out) Sounds bad £150 repair off
            Wind down the eletric window at the back using the key and then back up again most struggle back up oohh dear new window motor needed £150 (most of the time all you need to do is clean the grime from inside the rubber it hits as is closes and lube it ...

If you tot that up you should be able to cover your insurance now

cheers
            Mark

Comment

Many thanks

Originally posted by madcampbell
              One thing to be carefull of is getting paranoid (?) about the surf because of all the problems you see on this site most of them are easy to solve with help from the people on here
              what pops says here is sooo true

If you like the one over the road then go for it and HAGGLE us brits just don't do it enough

You have seen cheaper and without rust and carefully checking the surf out you may find more ammo to reduce the price Check the eletric mirrors work...nearly everyone elses don't on this site (2nd gen).another £150 off rust £75 repair more money off the fog lamp hanging off the back oh another £20 off when you go for a test drive check for steering wheel wobble oh dear 4 new tyres £400 bill go half £200 off and turn sharp corners left and right and you will probabley find a horrible metal on metal noise bump stop caps have come off (bit of grease sorts it out) Sounds bad £150 repair off
              Wind down the eletric window at the back using the key and then back up again most struggle back up oohh dear new window motor needed £150 (most of the time all you need to do is clean the grime from inside the rubber it hits as is closes and lube it ...

If you tot that up you should be able to cover your insurance now

cheers
              Mark
              many thanks for your kind advice, I am at a loss when it comes to cars, I guess it's one of the downsides of being female, you feel more intimidated by dealers!

Comment

AHH but thats the nice thing about this site if you read and filter some of the rubbish out there is loads of good info to enpower you..at the very least you can get all the bits sorted out by them before you pay up or they may drop the price "for a quick sale" (even though it been there for a year)
                It makes no different if you are male or female if somthing don't work get them to fix it or drop the price

Mark

Comment

the power of a woman..
                  i ALWAYS get female friends to do the haggling, they have the power over car salemen, builders merchants, plumbers. they all fall at the feet of a smiling woman.... does that make me chauvanist?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Nope
                    Lifes a game

Comment

He he he

Thanks you guys, it's true, I have chickened out so far, got my partner to ask all the questions for me! Maybe I should dig out the mini skirt and get feisty!

Comment

i believe the phrase is you go girl!
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

You beat me to that one
                          Let us know how you get on

Comment

He he he

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            i believe the phrase is you go girl!
                            Excellent!

Comment

He he he

Originally posted by madcampbell
                              You beat me to that one
                              Let us know how you get on
                              Will do, I'll need to do some swotting up before tackling him on Monday!
                              Watch this space.....
                              Or if any of you fancy writing me a list of what I should be checking and asking, that would be super!

Comment

try this http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
                                read learn and inwardly digest. we will be asking questions later
                                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X