Headlight bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight bulbs

Picked up my new Surf on Saturday So far it has met all expectations - even got to take it out in the snow this morning!
    Thought I would get some new headlight bulbs today but when I looked under bonnet I couldn't see an obvious way in.
    Can someone tell me how to get access to bulbs? - I didn't want to dismantle the front of the motor for nothing.
    I did try a search but drew a blank.

Thanks Ken
    ps it is a 2 gen 1995

all you have to do is remove the washer bottle on the left and the air intake on the right and push both batteries back once you loosen the clamps.
    A bit invlovled but probably will take you around 30mins.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for that Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
        Picked up my new Surf on Saturday So far it has met all expectations - even got to take it out in the snow this morning!
        Thought I would get some new headlight bulbs today but when I looked under bonnet I couldn't see an obvious way in.
        Can someone tell me how to get access to bulbs? - I didn't want to dismantle the front of the motor for nothing.
        I did try a search but drew a blank.

Thanks Ken
        ps it is a 2 gen 1995

If your intersted in getting your light to work better (if you feel they are poor) give Andylala an email and get the new wiring loom. As its the voltage drop from the switch to the bulb which makes the bulbs not work to there full potential. Putting new bulbs in gives a slight improvement but does not solve the problem.

Andylala, if you read ths, I`ll be getting in touch soon as I`ll have money when I get paid this week.

Comment

I have been biting my tongue... trying not to say anything... but you have said it for me.

Thanks...

Waiting for Jotto's feedback after the Mac4x4 challenge on the loom's performance...

Look forward to hearing from you Verbal...

Comment

Andy does a 3rd gen need your updated wiring harness and at what cost. At the moment got uprated bulbs in but concerned about the current they may be pulling over unsuitable wiring.
            Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

You will need to do a voltage drop test to see what is exactly going on...

A simple test is to check the current output, take the connector off the rear of the bulb and mount un-mount the connector a number of times... then test the output again. A lot of these problems are due to corroded contacts on the bulb/connector, or at least contributed to by corroded connections.

andyL

Comment

Working...
              X