remote central locking not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote central locking not working

Can anybody help just bought a new shape surf ssrg , but have a problem with the remote it does not work i have had the battery replaced is there any sort test i can do whether to see if the transmitter or reciever is working :

http://www.bba-reman.com
    If you have no luck on this site, try the above.
    It's free to register and ask any question about any vehicle.

Comment

Thanks i will give it a go now

Comment

gave that site a go but no success thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by flyingj
          gave that site a go but no success thanks anyway
          If you pop the battery cover off does it expose the little PCB inside the fob?
          I have found that most of the radio transmitter types drift off frequency but they can be retuned.
          If the board is exposed, look for what looks like a slotted screw head attached to a surface mounted device ( this will be the frequency trimmer capacitor). With the truck locked, start off standing close to the vehicle and press the open button, while slowly turning the trimmer with a small screwdriver. If the car unlocks re lock it and move further away and try to unlock it with the remote. If it doesn't open fine tune the trimmer until it does. Keep moving further away and adjusting until you reach the limit of the fob.
          The aerial for the reciever may just be a short piece of wire. Make sure that it is hanging free and not tangled in with any aftermarket wiring that may have been installed.
          I did the above with the keyfob/reciever on my old Pug 306 and I could open it from anything up to 75M away. It's a very useful thing if you know which car park you parked in but can't remember where you parked!!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks I Will Try That One Out In The Morning, I Have Had A Look In The Key And Can See What You Mean Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X