oopss got stuck in snow today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oopss got stuck in snow today...

Parked on side of a back road, in 1ft snow - above centre hubs of wheels. Before we went ski mountaineering. the snow was thawing and on wet grass, and the ground sloped away, when I tried to drive out, all 4 wheels spun and vehicle was sliding sideways down the slope - towards a steeper bit!. A tranny came along within a couple of mins, so hooked my rope up-to it, dug the snow away with my shovel, and got pulled out backwards.
    Embarrasing......, but glad I had the shovel and rope. just need to finish the wiring for my tow-bar winch.
    The funny thing is, the place is exactly the same spot as on my signature photo below!, wont be parking there again.
    learnt a lesson today - dont drive onto deep, thawing snow on slope
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

yeh when youre on a slope and cant get grip the best thing to do is get towed out before its too late

Comment

slipperiest substance known to man is wet grass, i embarrassed myself much to the amusement of a crowd of onlookers when i first went offroading in my then rangerover, i drove a little too fast down a wet grassy slope and ending up piroueting down the slope how i didn't topple it i'll never know. you live and learn eh.
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

well at least a lot of you around the country got the white stuff to play inhere in north wales we just got it high up on the mountains.
        any one in n wales wanting to get a club or get together or greenlane outing
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
        X