Trip computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip computer

Anybody have any manuals on the operation of this type of field monitor/trip computer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bell end billy; 26 February 2005, 21:59.

Please acknowledge

Could somebody please acknowledge that this unit has been found in other surfs, or that it is a useless gps system that i can replace with something usefull

Comment

has it got any details on it?? search google for info if you can find a make.

Comment

No makers marks or numbers anywhere to be seen .
        Last edited by bell end billy; 1 March 2005, 19:11. Reason: Code no's found

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
          No makers marks or numbers anywhere to be seen .

Now found some code no's

TOYOTA MULTI DISPLAY ASSY
          86110-35010
          6C18
          AISIN
          MADE IN JAPAN

Any help would be great, I cannot find anything on the internet and i have put some time into searching.

Comment

i reckon if you press the buttons in a hit and miss style, then something will happen!... more than likely all menus in japanese??... could be a case of pressing random buttons and remember what happens!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

All menus ARE in japanese, but if i hold my finger on the menu button GPS flashes up briefly then disappears. i'm very confused.

Comment

All menus ARE in japanese, but if i hold my finger on the menu button GPS flashes up briefly then disappears. i'm very confused.
                if it's like any of the other jap stuff fitted then it won't work over here... i can't see why not though, cos it isn't relying on a local map program to pin point position, just giving a grid reference...

Comment

Apparently if the clock is not set to local time the GPS does not know where the satellites are, The clock on the system is about 10 hours adrift so all i have to do is reset the clock (maybe) just off to learn japanese be back soon..........ish........

Comment

Apparently if the clock is not set to local time the GPS does not know where the satellites are, The clock on the system is about 10 hours adrift so all i have to do is reset the clock (maybe) just off to learn japanese be back soon..........ish........
                    does it line up the big hand with the sun to find north?

Comment

looks a great unit... and it does seem to offer more than just direction, position, altitude etc.... from my limited knowledge, GPS units can get their time from the satellites so it should have the correct time. wish i had one....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Search for "Multi-information display"

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
                          looks a great unit... and it does seem to offer more than just direction, position, altitude etc.... from my limited knowledge, GPS units can get their time from the satellites so it should have the correct time. wish i had one....

Unfortunately that is not the case and the system needs to be set to a grid referance in England, i spent a lot of time trying everything on mine to reset it but nothing seemed to work so i took the unit apart and disconnected the rechargeable battery inside and then plugged it back in but being the idiot that i am i forgot to isolate the wires i cut and when i plugged it in the battery blew up and ruined the whole thing as it now does not work at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X