Millners V Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millners V Toyota

Ok guys a comparason for you. MOT up the end of month and this is what i need

top coveluted tube
    inner track rod end
    inner cv boot
    steering idler bush x2
    back box and gasket
    thermostat
    fan belt x2
    pas belt
    cam belt
    air con belt

Millners price £246.75 inc del & vat

toyota price £360.34 inc vat

the toyota price was with the guy giving me £50 off the back box and 10% off everything else because it was a fairly big order.

Just goes to show how much the dealers are making

cheers scotty

I used to work for VW AUDI and we used to have the same problem where our parts where alot more expensive than the likes of German & Swedish. The spurious suppliers parts even had the VW & Audi Logos stamped on the item!

I questioned VW themselves as to why they where able to do this and they explained that the manufacturer would produce a quantity to their specification and when they recieved the order they would test a percentage of the units and if a proportion should fail the test, ALL of the order would be returned to the manufacturer.

Obviously the manufacturer would be commiting financial suicide if they destroyed these units so they sell them off at a much reduced price, to thelikes of Milners and German& Swedish.

These rejected units are probably of a very good standard but the Car Manufacturer has to produce their parts to a much higher standard! as their reputation is at stake.

VW & Audi did have a big purge on their parts prices back in about 1998 and they became cheaper on certain items than the likes of German & Swedish on items like brakes, ball joints, exhausts and service items.

Paul

P.s thats it I have done my bit for the MAIN DEALER

P.P.S. Can I now get a bigger discount from my MAIN DEALER???
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I don't think thats not a bad price difference for that amount of stuff.

It pays to ask Toyota, recently we've bought idler arm bushes and anti roll bar bushes, and both where cheaper from the dealers than Roughtrax or Milners.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Also remember that Toyota will be using Toyota parts, Milners use after market pasrt, and whilst these are often good quality in some cases they may not be as good as Toyota.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          Ok guys a comparason for you. MOT up the end of month and this is what i need

top coveluted tube
          inner track rod end
          inner cv boot
          steering idler bush x2
          back box and gasket
          thermostat
          fan belt x2
          pas belt
          cam belt
          air con belt

Millners price £246.75 inc del & vat

toyota price £360.34 inc vat

the toyota price was with the guy giving me £50 off the back box and 10% off everything else because it was a fairly big order.

Just goes to show how much the dealers are making

cheers scotty
          Milners seem ok for belts, had them in the past and no complaints there, also stat etc OK from them.
          Split the order if you want peace of mind of genuine parts, get the track rod end, idler bushes & cam belt from Toyota and the rest from Milners
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

One thing I found is that the Brake pads that Milners supply are much better than the Toyota originals which have far to hard a compound. Milners ones will last for less time but the Toyota ones don't stop very long so the brake pads may outlast the vehicle.......

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              One thing I found is that the Brake pads that Milners supply are much better than the Toyota originals which have far to hard a compound. Milners ones will last for less time but the Toyota ones don't stop very long so the brake pads may outlast the vehicle.......
              On the same theme... a new set of brake shoes from Milners on the car from less than a month have Cracked!!!
              With the UJ's having nipples in ungreaseable places (we've finally given up on trying to find a thin enough grease nozzle and replaced with Roughtrax ones), and cheap bearings made of substandard metal which lasted less than 1000 miles, we're not very happy with Milners quality at the moment.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

dont forget all toyota stuff is guaranteed as well

Comment

Working...
                X