Brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning light

Has anyone had any problems with the parking brake warning light just lately?
    Mine seems to be coming on during journeys, normally just after i set off. Not sure if it is the weather or just a sensor fault but my tecnical expertise stops at "it's got a big metal thing under this flap at the front that make it go" Dont really want to be taking it back to Cadnam garage for him to laugh at me so thought I'd let you guys laugh first.

Mark

Check your brake fluid level as your pads maybe worn.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by labbossrx
      Has anyone had any problems with the parking brake warning light just lately?
      Mine seems to be coming on during journeys, normally just after i set off. Not sure if it is the weather or just a sensor fault but my tecnical expertise stops at "it's got a big metal thing under this flap at the front that make it go" Dont really want to be taking it back to Cadnam garage for him to laugh at me so thought I'd let you guys laugh first.

Mark
      As far as I'm aware this light is only connceted to two circuits- hand brake on/off or brake fluid level.

Recently mine came on for no reason (fluid was full). I undid all the connections going to the brake fluid reservior tapped the thing hard a few times and it's been okay since!

Nevillef

Comment

It's also is a brake servo vacuum warning light.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          It's also is a brake servo vacuum warning light.
          Whats that mean to the uneducated please(where do you look and check). As I have had the same problem latley and had put it down to a poor switch connection on the handbrake as it mainly happens when I set off as the problem above.
          Thanks
          MArk

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who has the problem, could you be a bit more specific please tony or is this best checked by some one in the know?

Comment

I've got the same problem.After testing it is the Low Fluid Warning that is faulty.This is a common fault.

To check Vacuum - Before starting pump brake pedal about 6 times and hold in on the last pump.Brake pedal will feel harder with each pump.Start engine and if pedal slowly drops as Vacuum takes effect then it's ok.If not the Vacuum system is faulty.

To check Handbrake - Disconnect terminal for low fluid level on top of Master Cylinder then with Ignition in on position release Handbrake.Light should go out.If not Handbrake Switch is faulty or needs adjustment.

To check Low Fluid Warning - Reconnect the Terminal for this and with ignition on and Hand brake released the light should be off.If not then the fluid level is low or the unit is faulty.

Neville

Comment

Seems as though this is happening alot of late..I had this issue sometime ago

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10677
                Gaz

Comment

Working...
                X