rear pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear pipe

i fancy a nice new rear exaust . something that is gona loog good and make the beast sound good . any ideas pleaseeeeeee
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

These people custom make exhausts for the Surf's
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Have you checked ouy e-bay there has been a few rage stainless back boxes (universal) on there lately.
      [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
        i fancy a nice new rear exaust . something that is gona loog good and make the beast sound good . any ideas pleaseeeeeee

I had a stainless system built and I had the CAT and the rear resonator box removed. The guy who built mine made the main box slightly larger and the tail pipe exits behind the rear n/s wheel. The ironic thing is when I took it for MOT, it sailed through on emissions even with the CAT out. It makes a nice sound now. Just find someone with an idea about what they do and ask them
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

Does the 2.4TD exhaust split at the back box, so you have a piece from the back box to the exit ?

I was under my surf on Monday and it looks like the system is new right up till the back box, then the last bit is corroded on the bottom and does not have much life left in it.

I checked of Roughtrax/Milners and they seem to include the back box with the exit pipe, so I`m wondering if ths is a different system thats been fitted at some time.

Comment

I had this quote for a system, they actually sound like they know what they are doing which is more than I have heard of Powerflow.

Hi Tim , Thanks for your enquiry. A custom build stainless exhaust system for your Hilux would run from the base of the existing downpipe through to the rear of the car, and can be built in 2.5" bore, with a tailpipe to each side at the rear, in a side exit configuration. We would reduce the bore size at the back where the system splits, and can incorporate a 3" tailpipe to each side. The system would include a new flex-pipe at the front. The system is guaranteed for as long as you own the car, and this is a fully transferrable warranty. It's also a "No Hassle" warranty - we believe it is the very the best warranty in the industry. If you are interested in technical specifications, the whole system is built in 304 grade stainless steel throughout, and assembled using high frequency TIG welding. All of our systems are built using freeflow technology, so your engine will breathe better than with conventional systems. This usually gives a noticeable improvement in the torque from your engine - particularly at lower revs. We have numerous testimonials from customers who have experienced both improved engine performance and fuel economy. Fitting is by appointment - we usually require a vehicle like yours for around 4.5 hours while we custom build and fit the specified system. If it makes life easier, we may be able to make a courtesy car available while yours is with us. There is no charge for a courtesy car, but there is an age restriction. Alternatively, we are a few minutes walk from Carshalton Beeches station, from where a train will take you to London Victoria in about 20 minutes. To custom build and fit a Longlife system onto your vehicle, the price (inclusive of VAT) with the selected tailpipe option works out at £499. I trust that this is of interest to you. If you want to book in, or require any further information, then please call either myself or Lisa French on 020 8669 8671. We are based at 128 Stanley Park Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 3JG. Thanks for contacting us, Regards, Mal Elwood. Longlife Exhausts
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Mine was built by a company in Stafford called Unique Exhausts. He had the car all day, makes it to fit, did me a removeable section where the CAT goes and charged me £220. Comes with a life (vehicle not mine) time guarantee and all I have to do is return each year for him to check it out. Top bloke!!
              NO WORRIES!
              Rusty

Comment

i got mine from longlife... they were ok... nothing like the brochure shows!... good thing is with a custom job, they plan it with you so you can have anything to want...
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I've got a chrome exit Peco Big Bore lying around at home from a car I broke - you could sling that underneath if you want to be heard in the next county. You'll be popular with the neighbours
                  Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                  X