Should i report this!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip
    After few emails, guy in Nigeria paid for a delivery of my Fuel Cats by card. I processed card through my machine and it was OK, which surprised me. I then thought it better that i call bank to have it checked. I was told that they would need to cancel my Authorisation and they would then check address etc on card. Few minutes later was told nothing matched and so wouldn't authorise it.
    A few days later £2600 appeared in my account. I left it there thinking bank would take it back. 6 months later, still there, so bought premium bonds(didn't win).
    A year later got call from Fraud dept and very nice guy,discovered card was issued by small bank in USA. He then told me to keep the money, as it was not HSBC's anyway and there was good chance bank in USA would not even pursue it.
    All this was year and a half ago. I love HSBC
    No begging letters please, money all gone on new house.
    Hi Phillip. I work for the HSBC fraud department, nice to meet you.
    not really.

Comment

I've advertised a GPS unit on a site (not eBay) and have received about 20 emails from all around the world wanting to buy it using a similar scheme.

This type of thing is very common so just be carefull selling anything anywhere.

Neville

Comment

What I want to know is where are all the gullable, simple folk when I have something to sell/finance?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X