A little on the wide side !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little on the wide side !

Got my new tyres fitted today, BFG AT's 31-10.50-15.
    I left the Surf at the tyre shop for the morning and got them to phone me when it was done.
    I came to pick pick it up and ..... ..... the tyres stick out loads from under the arch's.
    Looks like I'll be busy this weekend putting the wheel arch extentions on, I was hoping to get them sprayed up before I fitted them but I don't want to attract too much intrest from the rozzers

I'll put some pics up at the weekend, it's going to look like a real beast

Andy.

I have got the same size tyres on and the wheel arch extensions on are just straight Black (unpainted) they look good aginst the Grey body work

Just stick them on...You will find now though the mud flaps miss part of your tyre and you end up with loads of spray up the side of the truck..also looks cool

Mark

Comment

Splendid ! the more muck the better

Comment

Mark....Any idea on how the rear extentions fit ? I can see how the front ones go on useing the existing holes under the arch, but can't seem the figure out the rear ones.

Andy.

Comment

Sorry mine were already on when I got it
          There was a thread on here today on how to remove them so look for that and I think the answer will be there in reverse!
          Cheers
          Mark

Comment

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11599
            i think this will link you
            in 2.4 genral forum "wheel Arches"
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
              I came to pick pick it up and ..... ..... the tyres stick out loads from under the arch's.
              Andy.
              I had BFG MT's on my narrow body and they came out a little but not loads?????????????
              Looked more rugged like that as well
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                I had BFG MT's on my narrow body and they came out a little but not loads?????????????
                Looked more rugged like that as well

I suppose they stick out about 1 1/2 inch from the arch, I did get the tyres put on a set of standard rims off a 94 widebody and not the rims that I already had on my truck.

It certainly looks very rugged ! if fact it looks a real monster from the front with the big agressive stance bashplate and bonnet guard.

Getting the arch's on tomorrow, will post piccys of the beast 2morrow.

Andy.

Comment

Got to say the thing that sold me the surf was the look it has with big wheels on it...I have seen quite a few with normal wheels but they just don't have the same impression..Strange that as the wheels only stick out a bit??

mark

Comment

Working...
                  X