No announcement yet.

Top score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got the garage all rearrainged yesterday, got the lathe off the trailer and all set up and cleaned.

So what was first thing I got to do on it? started making body lift blocks? sway bar disconnects? even something small like a bush for the floppy rear window motor gear shaft?

Nope! it had a aerosol can of smooth Hammeright going round slowly for 10mins cos Linda's arm ached after shaking for a couple of seconds!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Nope! it had a aerosol can of smooth Hammeright going round slowly for 10mins cos Linda's arm ached after shaking for a couple of seconds!

I need to get myslef one of them then!!!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        I need to get myslef one of them then!!!
        what a linda's arm NOW where does one get them from
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          what a linda's arm NOW where does one get them from
          Tony's gonna be making them soon!! He's resigned from his job now so in a couple of weeks he's gonna be a full time surf mechanic, and metal "thingy" maker!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Tony,

do you reckon a lathe would make a neat job of turning (no pun int) my stock bump stops into low profile ones? I've never machined hard rubber before.

Nearly got the manufacture of the body lift blocks sorted. We're going to use Delrin or maybe some type of acetal- both of which I can get in 60mm dia x 1m lengths.

I've also got the some super length M12x200 !!! stainless bolts sorted out to hold it all together. The stock Toyota body mounting bolts are only M10 and don't really look beefy enough to me. Just means I'll have to drill out the body mount bushing washers to 12.5mm when I come to do the lift.

Nevillef

Comment

You can cut rubber with normal metal cutting tools as long as they are really sharp, and you may need to play with the angles a little. I've done it before to cone rubber rollers.

Best way is with a tool post grinder, this makes a lovely job on rubber, I've done it with a angle grinder clamped to a home made bracket where the tool post normally goes, this works to.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                Tony's gonna be making them soon!! He's resigned from his job now so in a couple of weeks he's gonna be a full time surf mechanic, and metal "thingy" maker!!

god he is good inhe making linda's arms on a lathe gotta have me one need a hand now and again
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Working...
                X