X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came across this today...

A 4x4 prejudice site - someones on our side

here
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Or how about this one:

http://www.wastemonsters.co.uk/

I think somebody in the 4x4 comunity realised that

http://www.wastemonsters.org.uk (i.e. the Anti's)

did not have the .co.uk variant registered!!!!!!!

In fairness it looks like they have linked to the Anti's site though!

Nevillef

Comment

Well that's good isn't it, the petition outline clearly states that it's for the right to choose, whether to own a 4x4 or not, they are encouraging constructive debates.

My view is get some supervised school transport back into school areas, penalise lone mothers in large vehicles with only 1 or 2 children on the school run, for a start (allow for exemptions obviously). BT-free calls/school websites could operate a system that parents can register for a free 'school transport buddy system' where they communicate to arrange party transport.

Come on are 4x4's the only culprits on the roads too regarding polution and size??!!

Comment

Interesting that they use the figure of 12-13mpg for 4x4s. My very large 4x4 does nearer to 30mpg and could crush those narrow minded bandwagon jumpers in a minute if I was so inclined. However I'm all for live and let live as long as everyone else will treat me in the same way.

Comment

There was a guy on the radio from long range weather something-or-another who said, "Global warming due to carbon emmissions is a myth."

He went on to explain that the Kyoto agreement is a plot by the developed Western Nations to keep the third world in its place and promote nuclear energy. He went on to say that congestion charging, pollution tax (according to the size of vehicle you drive), toll roads etc are just a tax raising ploy to make us feel good about handing our hard-earned money over to the government(s) on the premise that we are helping to save the world............from an unproven threat. He reckons that Polar bears survived natural global warming 1000 years ago that made what the scientists predict look like a no-problem.

It's a scary thought but he didn't sound like a nutter. It all seemed to make sense, as I drove up the M1, after a hard days work.

Did you know that the Vikings gave Greenland it's name because it was a green and fertile land with a climate similar to Ireland? Greenland has only been enjoying it's current climate for about 400 years, so we may be being conned. I'm still going to recycle my rubbish.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

We're safe - 'cos we're not even listed

Anyway how do I raise money for a worthy cause and partake in 4x4 challenge without a 4x4??? DOH!!
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

4X4? I'm always in 2 wheel drive!!!!

Derek

Comment

Working...
              X