Smurfs stayin'.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smurfs stayin'.....

Well, after a fair bit of time looking for another 4x4 to play with I have come to the decision to keep my Smurf. The reason? I just lurrve driving it. The Recaro's are the best seats I've ever had the pleasure to park my @rse on..... it's just the whole package.

So now I'm off to buy some BFG's, either AT's or MT's..... probably AT's as I'm gonna be doing a lot of road driving this year. I want the biggest, though I'll probably go for 31-10.50-15 as these shouldn't foul anything during articulation.

Apart from a service I'm gonna buy a 'Powerplus' from Difflock and some additives to help improve the mpg.

I'm still after some front and rear mud flaps if anyone has some going spare and I'm gonna fit a pair of fogs into the rear bumper.

Hopefully later on in the year she'll get a lift of some sort but we'll just have to wait and see.

At the moment I'm looking forward to the end of April, that's when I get to go to the 'infamous' Drumclog for a long weekend of playing in the mud.

The only thing that narks me off are the local Smurf owners that don't realise that it's common courtesy (and the law goddamit), to wave back!

See y'all later........

Damian

Hmmm, will I get away with 32-11.50-15's......?
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

so come do tell WHY were you looking 4 another 4x4??
    and why did it take so long to realise you would keep you surf???
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Hmmm, alright. I'm not a posh person, bit of a roughneck really and I wanted a 4x4 to suit my personality. Something I wouldn't mind putting a brew/tools/muddy tow rope on the bonnet without thinking, 'arrgghh, mi paintwork!' I was after a 4x4 I could drill a hole in the front wing where I could put a spot lamp. Mainly I was after a swb to take me places I would perhaps not go in a lwb with such a long rear overhang. I was looking for a Land Cruiser with a 3.0ltr engine or a Nissan Patrol with the 4.2ltr diesel.

Basicly I thought that my Smurf looks too good to play off road in the manner that I used to with my Range Rover / 90 hybrid. Trouble was, every time we got back into our Smurf after test driving another we thought why? It doesn't roll around corners etc.......

I think after June when I get my Diploma and I'm 'shuved' into the big bad world again and I've got a full time job maybe, just maybe I'll be able to afford a proper 4x4 toy as well as the Smurf. We'll see......
      Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X