just got back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got back

the coventry surfers day out has just finished and it was a great day exploring warwickshires green lanes very muddy got stuck a couple of times but all in all a great day many thanks to laser jock for his knowledge of routes and his company hope we can all do it again matt (i have pics but dont know how to post them)

Yup- had a good few hours out. I've seen a few other lanes worth exploring (in dryer conditions) very much a good puddle splashing day! The first three greenlanes were okay. Fourth one, the less famous Warwickshire Ridgeway Lane was about to have a Temporary Closure Order (quite rightly) due to it's condition (see photo). Fifth lane was impassable due the depth of water in the flooded river Dene, deep enough to go up to the stirrups of a large horse! The weather was cold enough for a smattering of snow up on Edgehill.

The final lane started well, litterally track at the side of a field, but the recent rain made things very slippy and we nearly got stuck at the bottom of a small valley! Only good offroad technique got us out- low range/lowest gear and NO REVS. At tickover the Surfs were easily able to inch back up the slopes. Any kind revs meant the tyres would spin uselessly- still we got out in the end!
    Attached Files

Comment

time to own up

i have to bow to neville here it was his experiance that got us out of this valley i was stuck fast lol i was kinda getting cocky feeling confident looking at the hill having brand new tyres was fueling my desire to go up it but im glad i didnt try because i got stuck fast going up the far smaller hill my surf gets better and better but twice today i felt out shone by to smuggys first woman on the horse who informed us we would not get through the river but she would no problem (she did) and secondly the smug git who came flying past us on a motox bike when i was stuck fast in the mud cant thank neville enough had driven past a lot of these lanes before and never realised they were a great day but im tired tonight tommorow i shall mostly be washing my car

Comment

Originally posted by matthew coventry
        tommorow i shall mostly be washing my car
        Nah- Surfs looks better with a bit of mud on!

To post pictures you need to:

1) Resize the images to something like 800 x 600 pixels (hint- try to crop out any irrelevant sky/grass/tarmac (I seem to spend a lot of time downloading blue sky.....))
        2) Save pic as a .jpg with say 50% compression.
        3) Click on "Manage Attachments" down near the bottom of the thread posting screen.
        4) Choose the file to attach then click "upload"
        5) When finished close the the upload screen and post as normal.

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
        X