Off My Roof!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off My Roof!

Does anyone have a cunning plan (or even a key) to help me remove the roof bars from my newly imported 1994 3.00 SSR-X.
    Made by RY-INNO, they do not have a conventional keyhole, but instead, a circular tumbler with three small cutouts around the circumference. I do not particularly want to reuse them but would prefer not to attack them with a grinder unless I have to.
    Any ideas?
    Regards,
    Tony.
    Attached Files

If you just need to turn the locking system try cutting a straight line in the centre with a dremel multi and placing a big flat head screwdriver in the cut and turning it

Can you jam a socket on there and turn it?
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony
      Does anyone have a cunning plan (or even a key) to help me remove the roof bars from my newly imported 1994 3.00 SSR-X.
      Made by RY-INNO, they do not have a conventional keyhole, but instead, a circular tumbler with three small cutouts around the circumference. I do not particularly want to reuse them but would prefer not to attack them with a grinder unless I have to.
      Any ideas?
      Regards,
      Tony.
      Tony

If you get stuck trying to get it off you could bring it over the hill to sunny Polegate, I'm sure with all the kit that I have that we can remove it some how.

Comment

Roof Bars

Andy,

Many thanks.
        I am still awaiting my registration number - I should get it next week.
        If I haven't sorted the locks out by then I will get in touch with you. I sometimes venture as far north as Polegate!

Cheers,
        Tony
        Last edited by Anthony; 11 February 2005, 17:25. Reason: incomplete

Comment

bars

Hi l have tha same bars on my latest import all you have to do is put a pair of longnose pliers in 2 of the holes and twist, and as the saying is "BOBS YOUR UNCLE" they are OFF.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Off My Roof!

Originally posted by Hilux
            Hi l have tha same bars on my latest import all you have to do is put a pair of longnose pliers in 2 of the holes and twist, and as the saying is "BOBS YOUR UNCLE" they are OFF.

Thanks Bob,

Great,this worked a treat!
            Though the bars must have been put on by a Sumo - the rear bar left two
            indentations. Now, where's that body filler!!!

Regards, Tony.

Comment

Working...
            X