Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which surf

Hi

I have decided that the time has come to upgrade from my 1991 2.4 td surf.

Can anyone explain the main differences between a 2.4 td and a 3.0 td apart from the obvious, any advantages/disadvantages.

Also I have seen some surfs with the spare under the car and some have it mounted on the tailgate? why is this? are there any other differences.

I am considering upto a 1999 car, any help or info will be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Originally posted by sajjap
    Also I have seen some surfs with the spare under the car and some have it mounted on the tailgate? why is this? are there any other differences.
    Just for preference really... (I didn't like the wheel on back so am buying one with it underneath)

Originally posted by sajjap
    I am considering upto a 1999 car, any help or info will be greatly appreciated.
    From 96 the 3rd gen was available (doa search of it's added benefits)
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

If you're talking bout a '99 model than its not so much the differeces between engines as the differences between models you should look at.
      After '93 the 2.4 was dropped in favour of the 3.0, and from '96 the 3rd Gen model was introduced. This is a completly revised vehicle compared to the 2nd Gen model. Whilst overall size and driving experiences etc are not hugely different between them, many parts and features have changed.
      Have a search on here as this topic and the differences have been documented before.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
      X