Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobilised (perminantly)

My luck continues:
    Last night I get in and start it up. Then the alarm goes off. I figure I've done something wrong so turn it off but it doesnt stop. I press the button (repeatedly) but nothing happens.
    The alarm went off for over an hour (!!) before the AA guy I called out had to remove it, open it up and disconnect it.
    The alarm (supposedly top of the market) is buggered and without it my Surf is immobilised.
    No power to anything.

Happy day.

Does it not have a key over ride switch to disable the alarm, what make of alarm is it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

now, this might sound like i'm the dozy carrott man!... but, check the batteries in your fob?

if this fails, wrap a large blanket around the siren and go to bed!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolph
        My luck continues:
        Last night I get in and start it up. Then the alarm goes off. I figure I've done something wrong so turn it off but it doesnt stop. I press the button (repeatedly) but nothing happens.
        The alarm went off for over an hour (!!) before the AA guy I called out had to remove it, open it up and disconnect it.
        The alarm (supposedly top of the market) is buggered and without it my Surf is immobilised.
        No power to anything.

Happy day.
        What the F does an AA man know about alarms and immobilisers.. Get in touch with me ASAP and I will give you my head installers mobile number and he will talk you through fixing it..
        BTW they are all trained and thatcham approved installers

Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Cheers all of you.
          Basically I might be okay- The alarm ( a Toad C5T2) is properly buggered but it has been insured for life by the previous owner who had it installed so it should be fine. Only think is is they say the insurance for it isnt in my name
          However I've also heard that it has a 2 year manufacturers garentee.

Problem is just them getting a new one to me (they're in Leicestershire I'm in Reading) and how long will it take.

Comment

Cheers all of you.
            Basically I might be okay- The alarm ( a Toad C5T2) is properly buggered but it has been insured for life by the previous owner who had it installed so it should be fine. Only think is is they say the insurance for it isnt in my name

Problem is just them getting a new one to me (they're in Leicestershire I'm in Reading) and how long will it take.
            try sound secure in station road thatcham... they're a toad installer (and the blokes a mega brain boffin on stuff like that!)
            he'll ba happy giving you advice without pushing you into buying something
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers all of you.

Ok

This is the correct procedure for resetting Toad alarms

Disconnect both terminals of the battery, or batteries.
              Leave completely off for 10/15 mins
              reconnect battery/s connecting the positive terminals first,,,,,,,,,

When connecting the neg terminal / s make a quick and clean connection.. if it makes/breaks then you need to start from scratch,,

That will reset the alarm, and you will regain the use of the fob.

Hope this helps

Keith
              I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Working...
              X