yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You really don't want this to happen to you !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A collegue of mine had a blowout on one of his tyres while he was parked up outside a delivey in Totton. We had been on at him for ages to get it checked out.
    The tyre exploded and shatterd the plate glass shopfront which wes 8ft away across the pavement, luckily there was nobody around as they would of been shredded.

On a brighter note tho, the company we were working for was Pilkington glass.

It even made the local rag !

Andy.

Comment

I've had a couple of punctures. Does that count?
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I had a bike tyre explode in the sun once... thats as exciting as it gets :P
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Driver
          I'm surprised Tyres can still actually Blow out I would have thought there might be something that could be put inside the tyre similar to antipunture compound to stop blow outs!!! but having said that Wheel nuts can still come loose and wheels come off - still being fitted the same way as they did 100 years ago. How many accidents could be avoided just for a design rethink ?
          I remember seeing a design for a lock nut that was impossible to move on its own without a special tool but I think that went the same way as the engine that could run on water or Pig / cow Sh** Just a thought !!

Andy.
          just goes to show why you shouldn't speed!... don't happen too often on cars but a lttle damage to the tyre heavy load and heat soon makes the tyre go!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

How bad was the tyre before it blew?? Must have been fairly worn, was it TNT owned or a hacker? My moneys on a hacker!

Comment

Hi Jim,
              You just lost your money !!!! The Truck is approx 9 months old and has done approx 130,000 km and the tyres about 50% worn and is owned by TNT - Blowouts are normally caused by tyre damage i.e. kerbs or hitting debris in motorway. What's a Hacker - Hire / Lease Company ?

Andy.
              Last edited by Driver; 14 February 2005, 07:47. Reason: Add txt
              I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Driver
                Hi Jim,
                You just lost your money !!!! The Truck is approx 9 months old and has done approx 130,000 km and the tyres about 50% worn and is owned by TNT - Blowouts are normally caused by tyre damage i.e. kerbs or hitting debris in motorway. What's a Hacker - Hire / Lease Company ?

Andy.
                Cool - theres still some differences between nations in this EU, things that distinguish us from each other, even if its only the odd word like hackers :-) .

Hackers in TNT would be the private contractors who help you out on a day to day basis, private operators. What do you lads call them??

TNT: Try Next Tuesday
                DHL: Day 'n' a Half Late (yeh you guessed I was a van courier too)

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                  Cool - theres still some differences between nations in this EU, things that distinguish us from each other, even if its only the odd word like hackers :-) .

Hackers in TNT would be the private contractors who help you out on a day to day basis, private operators. What do you lads call them??

TNT: Try Next Tuesday
                  DHL: Day 'n' a Half Late (yeh you guessed I was a van courier too)
                  i thought you meant a tramper!

guess we call hackers, subbies??? as in sub contractor? not much money in that though!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X