yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You really don't want this to happen to you !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really don't want this to happen to you !!!!

Hi,
    You really don't want this to happen to you - M40 near Banbury last week doing 56 mph fully loaded 44 ton in 2nd lane o/s FRONT Tyre blew out on my Truck !!!! If for whatever reason i did not have both hands on steering wheel i.e. changing gear i'm certain I would have lost it and it would have turned over !! First time in 21 years i've had a front blowout Have a look at pics of what was left of tyre !!!

Andy.

All pics taken with mobile phone !!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Driver; 6 February 2005, 09:07. Reason: To add to txt.
    I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Did you leave any skid marks...........?

Nevillef

Comment

NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

where did you get the sunvisor on your surf mate, been looking for one for ages!! sorry to change the subject
        [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
        [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Hi qube3,
          You can get them from 2 places that I know of - Northern 4x4 just north of Leeds on the A1 or Formula 4x4 Stone Staffs . You will need to drill 2 small holes in each side of the window pillars for the fitting brakets . If you zoom in on this pic you can see the brakets on the pillars but the screws are behind the door so you can't see them.

Andy.
          Attached Files

Comment

not being rude, but how much are they? Thanks again.
            Cracking looking motor by the way.

Comment

What would you think is a reasonable price for a pice of black perspex ?

Comment

Originally posted by Driver
                What would you think is a reasonable price for a pice of black perspex ?
                whys that - you selling!??? ill have it off ya.

Comment

No i'm not selling it. just asking what you think a reasonable price is for a new one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Driver
                    Hi,
                    You really don't want this to happen to you - M40 near Banbury last week doing 56 mph fully loaded 44 ton in 2nd lane o/s FRONT Tyre blew out on my Truck !!!! If for whatever reason i did not have both hands on steering wheel i.e. changing gear i'm certain I would have lost it and it would have turned over !! First time in 21 years i've had a front blowout Have a look at pics of what was left of tyre !!!

Andy.

All pics taken with mobile phone !!
                    Had it happen to me a few years ago on a Scania. It certainly does tend to wake you up if you`re feeling a bit drowsy at the wheel. Glad you held it together.

Ken
                    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

My nephew and my brothers brother-in-law both work for TNT, based in Sundon Park, Luton. One is a loader, the other is a driver and has worked out of there for about 20 yrs.....................are you all mad? Just kiddin'.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

must be a bad area for front tyres!... i had a front go a little north of banbury a couple of years back... luck it was quiet cos i swerved across 3 lanes and left all sorts of memorabilia in the fast lane!!... got it over to shoulder though!... looked worse cos the tyre came off the rim, ripped out everything around it!... drove about half a mile to get on shoulder so there wasn't much rim left either!!... hard to steer on a brake disk!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

well i was in the 3rd lane passing a truck when the exact same wheel exploded right next to me. Bang like a shotgun, and my bonnet and windscreen got sprayed by rubber shrapnel (pre-surf renault!). Trucker held it together though, got off safely.

I didn't need much roughage in my tea that night!!!
                          adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Nah I do better than that...it was a few years ago but I had a front n/s blow out on the elevated section of the M5 (junct 2) no problem you may think but the load was 11 tonne of fused 105mm artillery rounds.Sure as hell put the wind up the old bill.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I'm surprised Tyres can still actually Blow out I would have thought there might be something that could be put inside the tyre similar to antipunture compound to stop blow outs!!! but having said that Wheel nuts can still come loose and wheels come off - still being fitted the same way as they did 100 years ago. How many accidents could be avoided just for a design rethink ?
                              I remember seeing a design for a lock nut that was impossible to move on its own without a special tool but I think that went the same way as the engine that could run on water or Pig / cow Sh** Just a thought !!

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                              X