I had no idea Velcro struck so hard!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no idea Velcro struck so hard!!

Having just made two mdf panels to protect the rear side windows inside the boot
    I thought it would be a good idea to hold them in place with Velcro.
    I stuck the Velcro around the whole of the window on the inside edges and the put it all around the edges of the panels. I pushed them in place, job done. Loaded the bikes in the boot no scratched window tint great. I came back took the bikes out and went to take the panels off!!!!!!
    Sweating and straining I snapped the removal handles off trying to pull it out. I had to get a large screw driver to lever them both off
    Needless to say I am going to reduce the amount of Velcro
    Strong old stuff that.

while perusing an old copy of "womans own" (in the dentist waiting room!) there was a woman who made her children dungarees with velcro on... when she was cleaning, she stuck them to a board of velcro on the wall to keep them out the way!.... GENIUS!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I hope she did'nt snap any bits off getting them down

Comment

if it works that well i might stick some on the wifes lips just to keep her quiet
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          if it works that well i might stick some on the wifes lips just to keep her quiet
          (snigger!)
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thats what i use for my rear fog light. I took off the mounting bracket and used velcro to stick it on.Its strong enough to stay on on the road but if it gets knocked off road the it just moves . Has saved me a few quid.

Its also great for hanging pictures up.( no charge for the tip)
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Its not THAT strong....tried it once....only once
              3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

There is a version of velcro that can hold one metric tonne per cm2!!

Comment

It's call "LIQUID NAILS"
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    (snigger!)
                    Typical. Tut!
                    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                      Having just made two mdf panels to protect the rear side windows inside the boot
                      That's a good idea, I noticed my tints got scratched while transporting a large rollcage the other day. I'm not too worried as the tints are horrid and are being replaced but when the new ones are done, I think I will do the same. I'm always carrying these types or parts and also throw mountain bikes in the back. Nice one!
                      Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

I wear a stab proof vest which is held together at the front with Velcro. It's only about 2 x 6 inches each side at the front and i can be lifted off the floor by it and its still in place. (And im not small)
                        !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
                          I wear a stab proof vest which is held together at the front with Velcro. It's only about 2 x 6 inches each side at the front and i can be lifted off the floor by it and its still in place. (And im not small)
                          zip went on me work trousers, my wife repaired them with velcro - held the suite nice and firm but did turn a few heads 'unziping' in the public loo!!!!
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

A suit held together with velcro?
                            You're not one of them Chippendale blokes are you?

Comment

So thats what Roger (Gamedawn) uses to keep his bonnet mascot on with, or Perhaps pops can use velcro for his new sidesteps then he can take them off when he goes out to play
                              Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:27.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X