!!!!!! Bt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!! Bt

Well im finally online again. Bt decided to dig up the road outside my house to check my phone line.This a after i have been yelling them for months it isnt an internal fault .Well the muppets that turned up to dig the hole actually dug straight through my BT line. This has meant i had no internet connection since tuesday. Great that when i do all my business online. And how do you tell people you cant pay them because BT screwed up.I had to fork out a fortune out of my own pocket to keep my people happy and pay their wages. I will be looking to get some comp. from bt. This last 4 days has been hell.

Relieved

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Originally posted by Mike66
    Well im finally online again. Bt decided to dig up the road outside my house to check my phone line.This a after i have been yelling them for months it isnt an internal fault .Well the muppets that turned up to dig the hole actually dug straight through my BT line. This has meant i had no internet connection since tuesday. Great that when i do all my business online. And how do you tell people you cant pay them because BT screwed up.I had to fork out a fortune out of my own pocket to keep my people happy and pay their wages. I will be looking to get some comp. from bt. This last 4 days has been hell.

Relieved

Mike
    Compensation for BT line being out of action + loss of potential earnings, phone calls to BT etc.. sock it to em!
    Gaz

Comment

Any news?

Comment

still waiting for a BT engineer to assess the hole !

Comment

I ended up getting nowhere with BT so wrote letters to complaints and their head office with full details. They resolved as soon as they received the letters, I actually had multiple calls willing to resolve. I vaguely remember the issue was with incorrect charges on the bill and they kept reappearing each quarter even after discussing with them. They also kept signing me up for things I didnt ask for. No longer with BT. Phone line is with Sky, internet through O2.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

As an ex BT engineering manager I would like to say how disapointed I am to read this.............however in reality I'm not surprised and actually gave up my BT service. Even then after 6 months and numerous phone calls they can't even get my final bill correct. Grrrrr

Comment

Why didn't you go and buy a £15 pay as you go internet stick?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

Because they're not that great to say the least! People can normally tether from their mobile phone instead of paying for something separate But in reality, if you have a good few people relying on those within a close proximity the results are somewhat flaky! Theyre usually flaky anyway. Plus, latency from them doesn't help.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  Because they're not that great to say the least! People can normally tether from their mobile phone instead of paying for something separate But in reality, if you have a good few people relying on those within a close proximity the results are somewhat flaky! Theyre usually flaky anyway. Plus, latency from them doesn't help.

Even more so in 2005
                  Brian

Comment

awwwwww bollox lol

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Even more so in 2005
                      Vince's fault
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I hate to add to this, but I think you will find unless you were paying for a business line at your home, BT will not pay for any loss of earnings as you would be using a private internet connection for business use. Further more, if you advise them of this, you could be expected to move to a much more expensive contract.

I moved from my old house about 10 years ago about 700 yards up the road. for 11 months we had phone but no broadband.

it tuned out, the broadband had been set up back to our old house. it took months of arguing. eventually - as it was not a business line contract there was not a lot i could do. So i left BT and went to the dreaded cable. That being said - i now use 50mb broadband on business contract at home for all my office work and can do twice as much in half the time due to the high speed transfer.

i hope you get it fixed though.. ..... good luck

Comment

I found the letter I wrote BT back in 2009 saved in an email. It's quite funny to read back what they were doing as I detailed it all in the letter. I even mention that they prevented me from joining the Direct Debit scheme because they say I owed them money when I did not. Concequently, they were charging me a high "bill processing fee" which is per month, when the bills are quarterly!
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                          X