boot inner panel removal off side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boot inner panel removal off side

does anyone know how to remove the inner panel in the back on the left handside of a 91 surf also im looking for a cd player to fit single or double din and some nice cheap bull bars as ive blown most of my money on my new baby (my surf ) also does anyone elses pull left slightly

i have just taken the bars off of my surf ones in the picture which i will be selling soon but i have to get a couple of brackets attached to them first so they fit on the surf properly.mine also pulls to the left slightly too but at the mo i havent had time to check it out
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if its the same as 3rd gen, then you just give a gentle but firm tug starting at bottom rear corner and working around edge, it should pop out (hopefully with standard panel poppers still on panel) if not same as 3rd gen...............sorry

Comment

road camber on most roads makes most vehicles pull left for safety reasons. poor pedestrians

Comment

Originally posted by matthew coventry
          does anyone know how to remove the inner panel in the back on the left handside of a 91 surf also im looking for a cd player to fit single or double din and some nice cheap bull bars as ive blown most of my money on my new baby (my surf ) also does anyone elses pull left slightly
          Most people wedge the CD changer into the cubby box.

The panels are attached mostly with studs - I think you have to drop the top rear roof trim first as well - start from the rear passenger door trims and work backwards. The studs are fragile - esp in cold weather - you'll probably break a few - be patient. Try using some sort of fork as you move along to ease them out nearer to where they are rather than just tugging on the trim panel. Work your way around the seatbelt - there is screw behind the little panel (stamp sized) on the seat belt hook. Its a bit of a performance but it does all come away in the end. Put a bit of spray lube on them before you put it back to make it easier next time. As I said ...

Most people wedge the CD changer into the cubby box.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Hi Matthew,

You might have tackled this already, if not this might help...

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_trim.htm

For the steering pulling to the left, use the search function with the words "steering idler" or "pitman arm",

Mark
            :

Comment

Working...
            X