Spare wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel size

I have upgraded from 15 to 16 inch wheels and larger MT tyres but I don't have a spare in this size. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the existing smaller spare in the event of a puncture, acting the same way as a "space-saver" does on a regular car to get you home?

Obviously I wouldn't expect to be able to drive at normal speeds like this, but it would be easier then trying to source a single alloy and same size tyre for a spare (if it would even fit underneath).
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    I have upgraded from 15 to 16 inch wheels and larger MT tyres but I don't have a spare in this size. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the existing smaller spare in the event of a puncture, acting the same way as a "space-saver" does on a regular car to get you home?

Obviously I wouldn't expect to be able to drive at normal speeds like this, but it would be easier then trying to source a single alloy and same size tyre for a spare (if it would even fit underneath).
    This topic was covered again only yesterday!

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11094
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

, normally I use the search button before asking, but in the middle of a diy job I looked at the truck out the window and the thought suddenly hit me so decided to post it while I remembered. Soz for the repetition and thanks for the answer!
      Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop

What size tyres have you got, you can get 33's under the back unless you have certain towbars, but 31's still fit.

Just get a cheap steel wheel and a second hand right size tyre for the spare, doesn't matter if its 15 or 16", just get as close to tyre dia as poss, or you'll toast your LSD if you have one in the back, on the front it won't matter.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X