Wo is me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wo is me

After much deliberation to the source of the awful trim phone noise eminting from the engine bay it turns out the turbo is FUBA the wastegate housing is cracked and beyond repair also the bearings have given up now i am £500 lighter just for the reconditioned turbo less the earplugs for wifey when i have to try and fit it and get at those awkward nuts and the skin taken off the knuckles......
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Originally posted by mark g8awo
    After much deliberation to the source of the awful trim phone noise eminting from the engine bay it turns out the turbo is FUBA the wastegate housing is cracked and beyond repair also the bearings have given up now i am £500 lighter just for the reconditioned turbo less the earplugs for wifey when i have to try and fit it and get at those awkward nuts and the skin taken off the knuckles......
    Quick tip for getting it out easy,

Unbolt and pull the AC pump out of the way.

Get yourself a set of the Halfords pro ratchet spanners - perfect for getting those oil pipe nuts off.

Unbolt the outlet to the exhaust at the turbo end and then with a couple of the nuts locked together unscrew the studs from the turbo.

Doing this makes getting the turbo off a 15 minute job. Trying any other way can make it a 1 hour job.

Cheers and good luck with it.

Comment

Thanks Andy

Turbo is in Northampton having the bits remanufactured but yes it did take some time getting off in between going for cups of tea before the toys went out of the pram...
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Thanks Andy

Turbo is in Northampton having the bits remanufactured but yes it did take some time getting off in between going for cups of tea before the toys went out of the pram...
        I'm glad I'm not the only one who thrashes cars with a branch!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks Andy

see, that where your going wrong, when spannering, you need BEER!!!! not tea.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            see, that where your going wrong, when spannering, you need BEER!!!! not tea.
            YEP BEER numbs the grey matter thus it dont HURT when you skin your Knuckles
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

so when i have finished bleeding into my tool box and i find a cold cup of tea, should i drink it, or go find beer?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                so when i have finished bleeding into my tool box and i find a cold cup of tea, should i drink it, or go find beer?
                criminal letting tea go cold , so 2nd option in your case find a BEER
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                  criminal letting tea go cold , so 2nd option in your case find a BEER
                  The only problem with beerin' and spannerin' at the same time is you can't test drive until the beers worn off. Unless of course you have some private land.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    The only problem with beerin' and spannerin' at the same time is you can't test drive until the beers worn off. Unless of course you have some private land.
                    beg to differ phil your such a good surf mechanic you know it will work so go have another beer son
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                      beg to differ phil your such a good surf mechanic you know it will work so go have another beer son
                      Thank you for your confidence Sir!

I go for a ten mile test drive after every job I do on the truck. Well that's my excuse for driving it.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thank you for your confidence Sir!

I go for a ten mile test drive after every job I do on the truck. Well that's my excuse for driving it.
                        and its a RED one
                        Pops

Comment

I usually go to bed after fixing the truck, Linda normally has to drag me out of the garage at about midnight!

Going to work next day is the test drive!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I just let the missus take it up the road or go shopping. Its what i did when i changed the springs. I had just finished and she asked if she could borrow the truck to go shopping !!!! I just smiled and said of course got the camera and watched her go up the road. The truck looked great and i didnt get a phone call to go get her either.

There was just one thing when she pulled off the drive there was a rather large nut sitting the there
                            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

^ LMAO! If in doubt - Chuck it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X