An Eventful Year In our Surf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Eventful Year In our Surf.

For those of you who remember me i'm back in the UK now for good having spent a year in rural France renovating a property over there and clearing 2 lakes and 5 acres of land.
    We took our 1992 2.4SSRX to act as workhorse and we have really put it through its paces.
    We have done 45,000kms in it this year(111,000 in total),towed caravans,pulled huge oak trees out of the lakes,moved static caravans,got it well and truly stuck,slept in it,filled it with 900kgs of sacks of concrete,and generally depended on it.

We have had some problems with it though:
    Fanbelt tensioner sheered off.
    Rear window motor went.
    Cylinder head and thermostat went.

All now rectified (courtesy of Milners who sent all the parts to us in a field)and she still drives like new.

What a motor.

Paul
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Glad to have you back, good work with the Surf, maybe all the people who have a fuse go and therefore condemn all Toyota as useless will take note.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Glad to have you back, good work with the Surf, maybe all the people who have a fuse go and therefore condemn all Toyota as useless will take note.

Paul didn't mention the fuse so his must be alright.

Well done and welcome back mate. You must have some stories to tell. Any pics of the Surf in action.?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Yes,pics soon when i have downloaded them all.

Comment

I am in rural france, have been for 2 years, renovating an old farmhouse, i know exactly what you mean about the versatility of these vehicles, we have had ours for just over a year, theres not a lot it cant do, except go through life without a new cylinder head it seems.

Comment

I've had a fuse go, but I still love my Surf. This is the only car I've owned where I do the servicing religiously and properly. I've had car's that I've polished til it sparkles, but the Surf looks good, looking clean or dirty.....imo

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
              Yes,pics soon when i have downloaded them all.
              Took you long enough to get that new PC paul. We are looking forward to the Pictures.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Marky,
                I lost all my pics when our laptop expired in France,just got the new one with broadband(wooooohooooo) so bear with me till i sort out the discs with the pics on mate.

Comment

Working...
                X