Alarm's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm's

Anybody have any recommendations for alarms for a surf? I fancy one where I can lower the rear window at a touch of a button.

Originally posted by Adrianbadboy
    Anybody have any recommendations for alarms for a surf? I fancy one where I can lower the rear window at a touch of a button.
    Had this feature enabled on my Clifford Concept 650.
    Great except when you catch the button in your pocket and wind the window down as you walk away. Happened to me several times, very carefull now.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

exoensive option really - I have a TOAD ai606 i think from caralarmsuk and i really like it. All fitted and approved for £290
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Also got a Toad ai606, £275 fitted(fitters come to you) cat1 and all that.

Comment

Just a word of warning if living in London West. Do not go to IN CAR STERIO on Uxbridge Rd Acton for anything. They fitted my alarm, but had to go back 3 times and still it kept going off. Took it to where i wanted to go first in Park Royal and they had to refit it again as everyhing was wrong. Cost me nearly same again, but never gone wrong since. You pay for what you get. Didn't get cat alarm as have two big dogs!
          Just had insurance renewal, fully comp £313. Pretty chuffed.
          Rgds all Philip
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
            Also got a Toad ai606, £275 fitted(fitters come to you) cat1 and all that.
            same as me, fitters come to you - you feed them tea and stand chatting in the rain for a few hours and bingo!
            He had done loads of Surfs before, ripped out the turbo timer and the old CAT2, luvvly jubbly.
            As the guy said "its a fit and forget alarm".

www.caralarmuk.com
            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              same as me, fitters come to you - you feed them tea and stand chatting in the rain for a few hours and bingo!
              He had done loads of Surfs before, ripped out the turbo timer and the old CAT2, luvvly jubbly.
              As the guy said "its a fit and forget alarm".

www.caralarmuk.com
              Another plus is that they are guaranteed for life man!

Comment

me too ! another toad alarm ai606 man here, been perfect since it was fitted, 12 months ago

hey philip where did you get that nice £313 quote from ? have my renewal coming up soon

cheers...j

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                  Great except when you catch the button in your pocket and wind the window down as you walk away. Happened to me several times, very carefull now.
                  Did you have to purchase any thing extra to make it work or just the 650 alarm? looking at car alarms UK for prices

Comment

call em up mate - very helpfull on the phone, they told me an extra £100 to get remote window so I didnt bother but they know thier stuff.
                    Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianbadboy
                      Did you have to purchase any thing extra to make it work or just the 650 alarm? looking at car alarms UK for prices
                      Alarm was £300 fitted at work (OUTDOORS IN THE POURING RAIN)
                      Window lift interface was £50 extra fitted at same time.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                        Any idea how this was done. Just had a Clifford 950 Inteliguard (same as 650 few more bells & whistles) fitted and I was told they couldn't do the rear window drop from the alarm remote fob.

If you have any info I'll get it to my alarm man so he can attend to it. Useful feature, main reason I went for 950 not 650, so wasn't too please to be told - Not Possible.
                        Live for Today

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian
                          Any idea how this was done. Just had a Clifford 950 Inteliguard (same as 650 few more bells & whistles) fitted and I was told they couldn't do the rear window drop from the alarm remote fob.

If you have any info I'll get it to my alarm man so he can attend to it. Useful feature, main reason I went for 950 not 650, so wasn't too please to be told - Not Possible.
                          Sorry no extra info on the fitting method I was just quoted the £50 for the standard window interface no problems at all in the fitting except that at first I had to hold the button in to lower or raise the window and I thought that this would soon hammer the batteries in the remote. I took the car in to the workshop and they changed it to lower or raise with one press, no extra charge!.

Paul

Comment

Guys,
                            Any idea how Cobra Alarms (model 7928) compares to the Toad 6xx that you guys have fitted?

I can get a Cobra dne for £325.00, but have NO IDEA what is good or bad about these thingies.

I need to fit one within next week.

Udhi

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                              Just a word of warning if living in London West. Do not go to IN CAR STERIO on Uxbridge Rd Acton for anything. They fitted my alarm, but had to go back 3 times and still it kept going off. Took it to where i wanted to go first in Park Royal and they had to refit it again as everyhing was wrong. Cost me nearly same again, but never gone wrong since. You pay for what you get. Didn't get cat alarm as have two big dogs!
                              Just had insurance renewal, fully comp £313. Pretty chuffed.
                              Rgds all Philip
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------
                              HI MATE
                              i live in hayes middlesex,you seem pretty close where do you normally go for your mechanical work on your surf.would be good idea to exchange ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X