Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Boy!!

Hi people

I bought the surf last sunday ,it was a private sale and i knew that there was a few things wrong with her( but nothing that coulnt be fixed this weekend)
    I got up yesterday all keen and ready to change the rear springs,get wheels balanced, change the radio check wheel bearings and so on. Well due to constantly being interupted i only got the springs changed so i thought could finish her off today.

I woke up to find the keys to surf gone,paint and paint brushes in the kitchen .
    I thought hmmmmmm so went to find the wife and you know when your eyes meet and you see that ook in her eyes ( you know the one that means dont mess with me this morning) Well it seems i am to paint the kitchen today and i get my keys back when i go to work tomorrow.
    I dont know about you guys but i know whats good for my health( you wold understand if you met the wife)so it looks like i will be completeing the work on th surf when the kitchen is finished.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Sunday( supposed to be a day of rest isnt it?????)
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

just about to gloss the upstairs landing paintwork and terrie decided to hoover the carpets that are going in a week more dust o well cant beat um take time out
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Thats one of the pleasures of being very happerly divorced.
      Do what I want when I want to do it if I could be bothered.
      Well lunch time off to the pub then
      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
        Thats one of the pleasures of being very happerly divorced.
        Do what I want when I want to do it if I could be bothered.
        Well lunch time off to the pub then
        The only way to be, although I work Sat and Sun so won't be in a pub till Fri. However there's alway the cans in the pantry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
          Hi people

I bought the surf last sunday ,it was a private sale and i knew that there was a few things wrong with her( but nothing that coulnt be fixed this weekend)
          I got up yesterday all keen and ready to change the rear springs,get wheels balanced, change the radio check wheel bearings and so on. Well due to constantly being interupted i only got the springs changed so i thought could finish her off today.

I woke up to find the keys to surf gone,paint and paint brushes in the kitchen .
          I thought hmmmmmm so went to find the wife and you know when your eyes meet and you see that ook in her eyes ( you know the one that means dont mess with me this morning) Well it seems i am to paint the kitchen today and i get my keys back when i go to work tomorrow.
          I dont know about you guys but i know whats good for my health( you wold understand if you met the wife)so it looks like i will be completeing the work on th surf when the kitchen is finished.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Sunday( supposed to be a day of rest isnt it?????)
          Is there such a thing????

Comment

You're in the !!!! now for using the computer too. Does she know how to take fuses out?
            Johnny

Comment

I hear you, pal. If any of the female members can offer advice on how to get away with working on the Surf (or going fishing, or going to gigs with mates, or having a crap, or eating a donut), and still remaining married, it'd be really welcome.

In fairness, my wife is quite tolerant. I'm lazy and selfish. The utility room hasn't been painted yet (we're 2.5 years in the house), and there are bulbs to be replaced (when I bother to see what type they are) here and there, I have to finish sealing the gaps in some of the tiles in the bathroom....

The phrase, "one thing after another" seems to apply to every aspect of life...

I know that if I tackle everything in the house and garden, I'd be let do anything I want after that. But I want to do the work on the Surf first....

Good luck when you do start to tackle everything.

Mark
              :

Comment

I bought some under-unit lights to fit in the kitchen - I still get nagged at for not having fitting them yet. Mind you she's got a point about me taking a long while- I bought them 8 years ago!

Nevillef

Comment

i dont understand why painting or changing a light bulb is a mans job anyway.... after all we are all equal now arent we?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

CHOCOLATE usually works with the GIRLIES.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      CHOCOLATE usually works with the GIRLIES.
                      NOT IF THE GIRLIE IN QUESTION IS ON A DIET !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=silvtr1000]I hear you, pal. If any of the female members can offer advice on how to get away with working on the Surf (or going fishing, or going to gigs with mates, or having a crap, or eating a donut), and still remaining married, it'd be really welcome. [QUOTE=silvtr1000]

Try seducing your wife now and again! Works for me everytime 'the bloke' wants to play golf!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff Mum
                          NOT IF THE GIRLIE IN QUESTION IS ON A DIET !!!!!!!!!!!
                          bout time cadbury's came up with low fat Choccy then hey, coz cant eat flowers!!!! (mind you terrie can make tea with them
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
                            I hear you, pal. If any of the female members can offer advice on how to get away with working on the Surf and still remaining married, it'd be really welcome.

Mark
                            I have no trouble, but then again, Linda's normally out helping me!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

buy the house next door to your parents and start refurbishing it... once the outside's done you can take your time with the inside and live rent free for many years with free meals and heating!!... don't tell, but the fella across the road popped it so i'm gonna get that one next!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X