At last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last

Hello everybody,I`ve been following this forum for about six weeks now, and after reading hundreds of threads i`ve finally gone out and bought a surf.

I`ve been checking all prices and doing searches on the auto-trader site covering 150 miles,and i managed to find one 12 miles from home.
    There were just to many horror stories regarding the 2.4 so i`ve got a 3.0 on an M plate(94).

Paid £5500 after a bit of bartering and that included
    Tax & Test
    Warranty
    Service including cambelt
    Already had all the dials changed
    and a band expander on the radio(digital radio the size of my monitour-ish)

Did`nt think i`d done to bad(please don`t tell me i`ve been ripped off).Oh yeah it`s red/burgendy or wine colour.

so far chuffed to bits.
    Few more surfs at the garage if anyones interested

http://www.whitestonegarage.co.uk/_whitestonegarage.htm
    Stella Artois

Well done and welcome to the forum - post us up some pics to admire!!! (Oh yeah - its not a bad price either)
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Welcome

Good price for a 3ltr.

Steve
      Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

hi jackster,sounds like a good price to me i bought mine last july from a dealer with a warranty for £7500 ,and have had an alternater changed in december £298.00 so it paid off ,i have had my monies worth all ready still enjoying every minute . of owning it

Comment

welcome to the forum mate
          and up the REDS
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

At least it's a proper colour. Not like those puffy blue ones. Welcome to the forum mate and may the grin never fade.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
              Hello everybody,I`ve been following this forum for about six weeks now, and after reading hundreds of threads i`ve finally gone out and bought a surf.

I`ve been checking all prices and doing searches on the auto-trader site covering 150 miles,and i managed to find one 12 miles from home.
              There were just to many horror stories regarding the 2.4 so i`ve got a 3.0 on an M plate(94).

Paid £5500 after a bit of bartering and that included
              Tax & Test
              Warranty
              Service including cambelt
              Already had all the dials changed
              and a band expander on the radio(digital radio the size of my monitour-ish)

Did`nt think i`d done to bad(please don`t tell me i`ve been ripped off).Oh yeah it`s red/burgendy or wine colour.

so far chuffed to bits.
              Few more surfs at the garage if anyones interested

http://www.whitestonegarage.co.uk/_whitestonegarage.htm
              Glad to see you got the proper colour one, the red ones are much rarer than those common blue/back/grey/green ones !!!!

Comment

JEALOUS! You know BLUE ones are FASTER.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Welcome aboard mate. You've nade good choice going for the 3.0 and at a good price too. Shame about the colour though...imo

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    At least it's a proper colour. Not like those puffy blue ones. Welcome to the forum mate and may the grin never fade.
                    Puffy blue ones!!! any more of that and i'll give you such a pinch!

Comment

just seen a 3 gen in light blue for 7500 in a dealers.... so glad i didnt buy it. they should have to tell you they are puffy!
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by sad old git
                        Puffy blue ones!!! any more of that and i'll give you such a pinch!
                        You do that and I'll hit ya wi me handbag.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone,glad you think it was decent price,I`m gonna get it on the ramps this weekend for a massive under-sealing session,cat 2 been fitted on tuesday for those nice insurance people at Lifesure(who were £100 cheaper than anybody wlse),then out we go!!!
                          Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
                          X