Watch Watchdog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Watchdog

I've just watched Watchdog on BBC1 tonight. Next week they appear to be jumping on the anti 4x4 bandwagon. As they are always asking for our e-mails maybe we should help them out!

Ken
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Yep the kid said about mums in their 4X4, but they didn't say what their program would be about. You never know they may be telling everyone how considerate our driving is, and how we care for all those around us.

Failing that maybe they're just gonna jump on the anti 4X4 bandwagon, like the rest.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Watch Watchdog

I think we can assume from what Nicky Campbell said ( what are these off roaders doing on our urban streets? They should be halfway up a mountain.) that we have a pretty good idea of what tack they will be taking!

Ken
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

My problem with these people complaining is that, legislation will be changed on a national scale to acount for a few cities where mothers decide they like driving higher up. I NEED my 4x4 to do 4x4 stuff, like gettign to work etc. So if something comes through taxing us more, will I get a break off the tax because I simply can`t do my job without it ?

Comment

It will be interesting to see how they contradict themselves then after having suported 4x4 owners (Landrover Freelander & Discovery) with a previous campaign.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/draft_...land_rover.rtf

Maybe 2.4L head crackers could draft a similar letter for Toyota U.K.?

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
            My problem with these people complaining is that, legislation will be changed on a national scale to acount for a few cities where mothers decide they like driving higher up. I NEED my 4x4 to do 4x4 stuff, like gettign to work etc. So if something comes through taxing us more, will I get a break off the tax because I simply can`t do my job without it ?
            I also need a 4x4 for work,the last thing I need is another tax!The people who are complaining about 4x4s simply do not know anything about rural affairs,just because a few mums use jeeps/suvs etc for the school run doesn't justify all the hype surrounding the "how bad 4x4s are for the environment" campaign.Why don't they ask John "2 jags" prescott to use more economical transport,rather than pick on people who rely on these vehicles to survive(especially at this time of year)!
            Powered by ????

Comment

What we need to do is watch it and if they have jumped on the anti 4x4 bandwagon like it looks like (from what Nicky Campbell said) then swamp the BBC and whoever the correct complaints commission is with complaints about any incorrect facts they use, such as 4x4s being longer / wider / less environmentally friendly / more dangerous / etc than anything else.

If enough people complain in an appropriate manner, i.e. politely and with facts instead of the usual tripe the antis come out with, it'll force them to air an apology.

Remember, the BBC is paid for by us - they have a duty to be broadcasting factual and public interest programmes.

I'd suggest everyone who reads any other 4x4 forums, makes sure people know when Watchdog is on, and puts the idea of watching it and complaining if necessary into people's minds - if Watchdog get it wrong, we could create the biggest ever backlash against the BBC!

Just my thoughts!

Geoff.

Comment

THE FEW SPOIL IT FOR THE MANY
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

how about volenteering someone(else!) to go on to put our side of the arguement(i'm sure they would love to have an arguement...) its too late after they have done it as corrections are never noticed. send em a copy of hondas press release....
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yet Again..........

Well then, I think it's time to sell my SURF 3ltr turbo diesel which I need for work and where I live and buy a Subaru 4x4 turbo charged flying machine as they are obviously safer and faster and have less hassle from the bleeding heart brigade . There I have saved the planet. I will also be going to steal Mr Prescotts Jags and crush them. Justice for all.........

Cheers

Comment

ban everything!

I bought my surf to tow my speedboat up to windermere, now that the govenment has effectively banned watersports in all of the lakedistrict I'm having to sell it (see ad in for sale section) All I've really used it for is the purpose for which it was built i.e towing and in the 2 years that I've had it its covered just 15000 miles. My wifes ecconomical and enviromental friendly 1.3 runabout has taken her to work and back every day and done 40000 in 2 years, now tell me which has caused the most pollution and wear and tear to the road network?
                      [COLOR=red]Cheers, Darren.

POLITITIANS AND NAPPIES:-
                      THEY BOTH NEED CHANGING FOR THE SAME REASON![/COLOR]

Comment

Had this argument with a mate the other week, she siad why can't you just have an estate car then? Correct me if I'm wrong and seriously missing the plot but aren't our beloved motors only 4x4 when we tell them to be so? Perhaps it just the fact that we are higher up that people don't like.........

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
                          Had this argument with a mate the other week, she siad why can't you just have an estate car then? Correct me if I'm wrong and seriously missing the plot but aren't our beloved motors only 4x4 when we tell them to be so? Perhaps it just the fact that we are higher up that people don't like.........
                          Its just a general fact of people today, anything they don't like or understand has to be bad and banned.

Surfs are no wider/longer than a decent estate car.

People will notice just one 4x4 not parked properly, or driving inconsideratly, but ignore cars because of a few people with nothing better to do and like the publicity.

Yeah, Surfs arn't even 4x4's when on the road, so tell them you do have an estate car and to STFU.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Once rip off Britain
                            The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

SORRY

Once again rip off Britain
                              The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Working...
                              X