Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window failed

Hi,

I've just joined having bought my first Hilux - great fun ! Unfortunately, I need to repair the rear door - I am unable to lower the rear window.

I have had a brief look, removed the internal panel, and I can just see the edges of two LARGE gears behing a large plate - I presume these are connected to the window. I can hear the motor wineing - it sounds tired though. No movement of the window.

What I cannot see is an easy way to access the gearing and the motor behind the large plate - do I have to remove the extrenal door panel ?

Another maybe clue - my rear window heater doesn't work - the light on the switch illuminates when it is turned on, but no de-misting - related possibly ?

Anyway, any help with my new tank would be great,

Many thanks in advance
    Mozzla

If you do a search you will find more details answers (button top right of panel) but wiring might be damaged for the demister.
    Try this for a quick window service.

Good luck with the car and wheres the pics???
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for the link - I'll give it go today - just need an extra pair of long arms to try and open the window in the first place, whilst operating the switch !

I'll get some photos up very soon too ....

Comment

Working...
      X