Wet Carpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Carpets

Did a silly thing at the weekend. I hoovered the inside of my Surf.

I've got the original Surf carpet matts with the plastic backs.

Now both of the carpets (Front and Rear) on the passenger side were both wet. Not really wet but wet enough to worry about.

Has anyone got any ideas, I should mantion that I have done no offroad driving or been through any water recently.

Help Please.

Mike B

Anyone spilled a drink, esp. any kids who might not admit it?

Other than that I reckon you're looking at a faulty door seal as I don't think (but not 100% certain) that there are any pipes running down the passenger side of the cabin.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Thanks for the idea but I dont let the kids drink or eat in the car.

I have this horrible thought about a front heater matrix.

Mike B

Comment

When I have had a matrix go in the past (on a Peugeot) the warning signs were permanently misted windows, and a distinct smell.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

for what its worth the same thing happened to me last week - had a tidy up and lifted the original mats up at the rear to find wetness - never had this before but it has persisted down recently! the only thing i can puti it down to is ive got a chunky roof rack where the supporting brackets clamp in the rear doors - not sure if this has compromised the rubber seals efficiency?

hope this helps

Chris

ps it has dried out now (i lifted the mats for a couple of days)

Comment

I've had the same probs. I was getting a wet patch on the rear passenger side floor and after investigation, found it to be the door seal which had become mis-shapened. I heated it up with a hair dryer to soften it, so I could form it back into shape. Been good as gold since. (fingers X'd)

Comment

-not to mention the fact that my surf's been in the jetwash twice a week cause of all the flamin grit salt on the roads round here! - had a 5 inch pile all along my runner board (and my rims!) over xmas - i live on a steep hill and the gritter only manages 5mph past my house!!

rant over - time for a stella

Take care

Chris

Comment

lift the carpet and check the blanking plugs are in position for the body mounting bolts
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I would also check that you sill drain holes are not blocked with mud. Once the sill fills up the water has to go somewhere. Usually up the door columns till comes inside the car!

Nevillef

Comment

Thanks all,

I'll give it a good going over at the weekend and see whats up.

Cheers

Mike B

Comment

my car doesnt like to demist, and I have a stain on the carpet passenger side. Not had any damp for a while it seems though - matrixes are expensive arent they???
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X