What size speakers do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size speakers do I need?

Surf came with Pioneer Carosserie 12-cd changer system fitted. I don't know what the speakers are though - presume factory standard?

But now, the front speakers have blown.

Can anyone recommend replacement ones that will fit? (Decent bass a must!!)

100 mm anything from halfords will fit straight in do a search on speakers you will see what others have fitted

Comment

cheers cuz. did a search on speakers and read all the info, but couldn't find size anywhere.

Comment

i got mine from argos they were £5 cheaper than halfords.the ones i got are kenwood item no.500/3538
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If you feel the sound is a little anaemic. You can increase the rear speaker size with a small mod.

The plastic enclosure in which the speaker mounts has a nose on which the speaker attaches. If you re-wire the internal amplifier out of the equation and cut this nose off flush with the rest of the front face of the enclosure, you can get a 5 1/4" speaker in there.

Also, it is a very tight fit, but you can get Kicker competition 4" component set in the front enclosure, and these really do sound awesome, with a meaty amp driving them, mixed in with the 5 1/4" rear fills... a Nice tight 10" or 12" sub with oodles of headroom... spot on...

Sorry rambling again...

andyL

Comment

Working...
          X