Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All New to the Forum, need some advice

First off Hi all.
    I am in the process of looking for a surf :-)
    I have read a fair bit on the net but am a bit concerned over the over heating problem with the 2.4 motor.
    I would prefer a 3 lt anyway but do the 3 ltr motors in general suffer as much with the overheating troubles ?
    I hope my car will be sold in a few weeks or so, then I can start looking for my surf.
    Any advice more than welcome especially info on agents who import for you.
    Although there is one or two in the for sale on this forum i like the look of.

TIA
    Conker
    [center] [/center]

from what we can work out the 3ltr seems to be ok as to the overheating problem and the 2.4 can have a problem but it is by no means definate that it will go, but there are pointers to bad ones; namely doggy rads that have been repaired; aslo you can have the system tested to see if it might have a problem; and also steam from the exhaust is a good sign that the head is on its way out, if you buy from a dealer then if you make sure it is covered then it should not be a problem.
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Before the time warp zapped a lot of stuff there was a poll up here on heads. From memory there was about 50 replies and all 3.0 voters said they had no probs , of the 2.4 owners I think it was about 50/50. Happy to be corrected if anyone has the exact stats to hand.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

well worth the trouble to get hold of some test liquid which confirms if there is combustion gasses in the cooling water, the name escapes me at the moment but I know you can get it via Snap On although its probably cheaper from a good motor factors.
        John
        [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
        [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Working...
        X