Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmisions?

Evenin' all,
    Our truck had it's first M.O.T. today (we've had one year now,) passed with flying colours, but this emmisions test, totally bewildering to me, had a reading of 2.94. is this good? whats normal? should I be chuffed? The last time I took a diesel for a test, the guy just floored it and looked at the tailpipe! r.s.v.p.
    p.s. I disconnected the egr valve in october and I use redex one shot every fill up.
    Vince.

Your emisions will vary depending on many things, the best way to get good emissions for MOT is to thrash the life out of your surf for 10 mins before the test which gets everything nice and hot, helping with the emissions. I still have my egr connected and mine tested at 0.84% emissions which is pretty good but most likely was due to the fact that i did thrash it before the test.
    The most important thing is that it passed!!!!
    Personally i dont use redex and dont pay much attention to MPG as my driving style is not what you would call economical, i just enjoy driving it!!
    Fingers crossed for another years happy motoring before the next MOT
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm, I agree with the "good trashing" before the test, my other half took the truck for the test this morning and it's only a three mile plod up the valley, maybe it did'nt even get warm. still as you say, at least it passed
      p.s. Don't tell her indoors, but I drive mine like I just stole it too!
      Vince.

Comment

My emissions were well under 1.0 when mine was MOTd last year. "Blooming excellent for a 12 year old motor!" Says the tester.

"Really?" says I.
        "Yes," says Mr Tester, "I'm just writing out the failure on that four year old Discovery."
        Me, " "
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

My truck had its 12month medical today passed no problem was advised about my rocker cover gasket leaking which can wait and my emissions were 1.32,also i have my egr disconected.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TOYMOTA; 24 January 2005, 19:39.

Comment

Emissions should be 3.0 ppm for a turbo diesel. On my first test 2 yrs ago mine scored 9.99. The tester was astounded. The lowest Ive been able to get them down to was 4.5 ... until last week when they registered 0.88 .

Ways and means .....

Comment

The "good thrashing" bit works a treat. Took mine in yesterday for the MOT, came back 30 mins later to be told it`d failed on emissions, (up to 6). Ran it up the road for about 2 miles in 2nd gear at around 4000/45000 rpm. Took it back to the garage and it was down to 1.5 and passed. This was the first time since i`ve had the truck (about a year) that i`ve ever heard the electric fan cut in, so it really does the trick.

Ken
              God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Working...
              X