2 spare wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 spare wheels??

Planning big and wondering if it's possible to add an under floor spare carrier on a surf thats come with the rear door carrier. Guess it's possible but any ideas where to get the bits from? I can only find posts about adding the back carrier...

There's so much space under there it's a shame not to use it. Just spent 2 months driving in Morocco without one puncture but you know you can wait ages for something and 2 come at once....

Cheers
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

did you have a Surf before mate?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you mean in Morocco no just an old Renault 19, check some pics What a shed! I can't wait to go similar places in my Surf, should be real good. Only had it a couple of months but been up to Salisbury plain and got very dirty with it. According to some guys in a Pajero in front of us i got the front end well off the ground at one point. Has anyone jumped their's yet???

Comment

Check Tony and Lindas website... http://www.4x4toys.co.uk and goto trucks. D
        I looked at the pics looks like fun . Was only asking as my Surf went to Morocco before I bought it which is why the whole car was full of dust and the airfilter was full of sand!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

2 months touring Morrocco you lucky git!

I spent a month trecking and climbing out there 15 years ago. We didn't do any driving ourselves (taxis and public transport) but the off-tarmac potential of the country is enormous. I'd love to go back in my Surf one day. You're right about the locals rarely using 4x4's. Even at the ends of boulder strewn tracks in the High Atlas (places I'd think twice about taking a Surf) you'll find a Renault 5 parked up!!!

We went up the High Atlas in January and the snowfall was impressive- something you wouldn't associate with being 30 miles from the Sahara desert!

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            Was only asking as my Surf went to Morocco before I bought it which is why the whole car was full of dust and the airfilter was full of sand!
            Wasn't me! Wish it was.... there were lots of times where we were stopped from reaching places because the 19 was too low. And we couldn't be arsed to walk. Maybe it was something made us lazy...

Yep pretty fortunate to have the time for a 2 month trip but it wasn't easy. I was lucky that a mate was able to go at the same time a lot of other trips i've done have been solo. Often i'd have gone nowhere if i waited for others to have the time at the same time. Thats the way it goes. I went on the bike with only 3 weeks spare and that was a good amount of time too. Bilbao ferry then spain in a day, then wahay Morocco! South of the Atlas nothing much grows so nearly all the land is empty and no one will mind much if you just drive where you like! Thats a good few thousand square miles of play ground. I'm going again ASAP!!!! Anyone from here want to come???

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
              Has anyone jumped their's yet???

Oh yes..... check out the Black Surf in my sig pic below - thats the Black Bullet at Devils Pit.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Nah, back wheels still on the ground I'm sure there's a total 'off road' pic out there somewhere......

Didn't appreciate your page very much.... thought my surf had good ground clearance until i saw that picture at the bottom of the page. Looks like a flipping skate board now

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
                  Planning big and wondering if it's possible to add an under floor spare carrier on a surf thats come with the rear door carrier. Guess it's possible but any ideas where to get the bits from? I can only find posts about adding the back carrier...

There's so much space under there it's a shame not to use it. Just spent 2 months driving in Morocco without one puncture but you know you can wait ages for something and 2 come at once....

Cheers
                  I would also like to know if this is possible and where you can get the bits & pieces from. Its the obvious place to put a second wheel/tyre for Overlanding. Currently in the planning stages, assessing the possibility of doing a trans Africa journey to South Africa & maybe back in my 3rd gen.
                  Live for Today

Comment

You just need the little winch that bolts to the frame, and the long bar to wind it up and down.

Any Hilux pickup in a breakers will have one, plus all the people who have put the spare in the rear.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

[QUOTE=NeilT]Nah, back wheels still on the ground I'm sure there's a total 'off road' pic out there somewhere......[QUOTE]

Like this?

Nevillef
                      Attached Files

Comment

...... close..... very close..... but no cigar..... MORE AIR, I NEED MORE AIR

Comment

Working...
                        X