HELP!! Doing my head in>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Doing my head in>

Are there any surfers out there from the East Kent region who know their way round the 2.4 LTE engine and who would be willing for a meet to listen to mine and offer advice? Since trying vegoil for a few weeks my normally quiet motor sounds quite rattly on some days (like ends) and just a quiet dull rattle on other days (like maybe tappets or injectors). I have hawked it round to three different garages and been given three different diagnosis. The first reckoned piston slap, the second reckoned cam and the third said not to worry, all diesels sound like that. This I know not to be true because before my vegoil trials I was often complimented on how quiet the surf was. It has only done 50k, been regularly serviced and still goes like SH*T off a shovel when pushed. There is no sign of smoke of any colour and no loss of oil or coolant. I just hoped if I could get some proper advice I would know whether to get shot of it or hang in there. As I`m out of work now, expensive rebuilds or major work is not an option. Wish I was further up north and could get to STEVO.

Ken.
    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Hi
    If no-one else is about nearer to you i am in Essex about 15 mins from Dartford tunnel.
    Mine was very quiet after rebuilding it due to cracked head but it gradually got a bit louder and has been for a while now. There are no problems with it at all. If you fancy heading this way i will be happy to have a listen/look for you and compare noise levels to mine if you want.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Its normal if you run on Veg, espically in the winter. They rattle like buggery when cold. Its cos the fuel pump struggles to pump cold veg oil as easy as Derv and it hasn't got all the other chemicals and stuff that deisel has to make it run smooth.

If your worried, run a few tanks of straight Derv through it and it should go away.

It'll run fine, just make a noise.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Stopped using the veg a few tanks ago now but no sign of improvement - in fact seems to be getting worse. Probably just me getting paranoid but i`m sure the engine is starting to feel tighter and slight vibration now. Mind you, it seems better when i turn up the sounds.
        SMURF - I might just take you up on that if i get no joy soon. Thanks for the offer.
        God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Working...
        X