Fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks

What do you all think, should they be banned with the exception of organised displays or not.
    I am really Pi***d off with them, it was ok years ago when bangers were just that but now they make the bl**dy house shake, the wife shake, and the dogs crap themselves.
    John
    [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
    [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Originally posted by rockey
    What do you all think, should they be banned with the exception of organised displays or not.
    I am really Pi***d off with them, it was ok years ago when bangers were just that but now they make the bl**dy house shake, the wife shake, and the dogs crap themselves.
    John
    Banning them would not likely make any difference. All forms of fireworks are illegal here in the south of Ireland without a special permit (virtually impossible to obtain no doubt).
    This doesn't stop them however, they can still be bought easily enough on the streets and are going off from dusk till dawn here at the moment.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

<Rant Button> I'm with you rockey. Ban the bl**dy things. I posted a thread, which got lost in the big crash, telling how the police here warned a local family three times and found they could do nothing else. They had made a mortar launcher out of a length of tube and were firing rockets and air bombs horizontal to the ground, narrowly missing cars and pedestrians. I got a powder burn on the bonnet of my Surf.
      Change the law so that people have to be licensed and at least there is something they can charge the bas*ards with, like they do with people who drive without a driving license..................like the dozens of unlicensed motocross bikes that are on public roads, grass verges, playing fields, subways............that they also do nothing about. Me I'm fair game for a pull - mines taxed, insured and MOt'd and can't cut through narrow alleys and footpaths. No it won't work. The boys in blue would have to get out of their cars to see whats happening. <Rant Button>
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        The boys in blue would have to get out of their cars to see whats happening. <Rant Button>
        Your lucky Phil some wont even leave the Nick
        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

you can ban everything in the world, but until we until we get it accross or knock it in which ever you like, that doing things without using responsibility is wrong, we won't improve anything, i and my family have used fireworks on bonfire night for fifty six years, without one accident, and without causing a nuisance, but i guess once again i have to be denied something because of a minority handfull of yobs, well thats my bit on the soap box over with for now,
          BIG D
          ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Wow- your bangers are getting LOUDER?!

Down here bangers used to be BIG! Powerful enough to blow Mums cabbages into coleslaw BIG. Then this bloody Politically Correct attitude got going and stomped on all the fun. Oh-sure, kids dont get fingers and eyes maimed quite the same, but 'pretty' fireworks just dont do 'it'. Gone forever are the 'Christ- RUN!' shouts which were heard all over our sleepy hollow.
            Anyway, I'll still be taking 'The Little Toad' to see the pretty ,fizzy ones and may even have a Sparkler myself just for old times sake.

Comment

Beirut

I nearly got killed by fireworks last monday. We play 7 a side football on 2 astroturf pitches halfway through the game the local neds decided to launch a rocket attack on the games from flats next to the pitch jesus it was like baghdad on a bad night, had to duck and cover. Still got beat 7-1 (great excuse though)

Comment

It has nothing to do with political correctness. I'm all for peoples freedom to let off fireworks safely within the confines of their gardens and for pyrotechnics as big as you like for organised displays.
                The only problem now is that they are going off for six weeks either side of Guy Fawkes night and it happens for a couple of weeks either side of New Year.
                The cost to the Fire Brigade ( which we pay for with our Council Tax ) must be enormous. Every night since the fireworks have been available some no-brainer has put one in a wheelie bin, litter bin or disused garage full of rubbish. A local pillar box was reduced to shrapnel and a public telephone box blown to bits.
                Unfortunately not all kids/ teens have the same sort of upbringing as us or our kids.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Banning would suck, we have great fun in the back garden with fireworks and BBQ, only on the weekend nearest the 5th.

A good old fashioned asskicking would sort out people being stupid with them. but then thats not allowed these days.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Banning would suck, we have great fun in the back garden with fireworks and BBQ, only on the weekend nearest the 5th.

A good old fashioned asskicking would sort out people being stupid with them. but then thats not allowed these days.

Hear hear...............
                    NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

All round yours then, what time????
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Dude, I got you had the last tube of 'mega' rockets! None left for me! (Shelleys happy though, she was a little 'nervous' when she saw the rockets!)

I should be able to see them from my house! LOL

Got plenty of other types though.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sounds like ****ing Beirut outside tonite,these sad mindless ######s odviously don't have young children (and probably never will) or pets to consider.We can't get our little 'un to sleep,it's ****ing diabolical.Ban fireworks now,they are not fun anymore!