Broken headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken headunit

Does anyone on this site repair or know of anyone who repairs stereo head units.

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
    Does anyone on this site repair or know of anyone who repairs stereo head units.
    local ICE shop should do it... mine send them away to a fella... last time i had one fixed it wasn't cheap so probably not worth it unless it's a top notch unit...
    either that or a tv/radio repair shop?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yeh it is top notch mp3,dvd,all the bells and whistles thats the only reason i wonit fixed .

Comment

what make?
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          what make?
          JVC r5000 road theatre i think.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
            JVC r5000 road theatre i think.
            Out of interest, have you ever had any probs with it reading CDs (CDR/RW in particular)?

It's just because I & a few bods I know have had JVC units in the past - all of whom experienced difficulties with various JVC units. Tbh I wouldn't have another again.

You could always think of part-exing it against a Kenwood/Pioneer/Clarion or something?

Sorry if it seems like I'm p*****g on your chips. I hope you get the funky techno jukebox gadget up & running soon.
            NorthWestDirt
            [aka Paul]

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestDirt
              Out of interest, have you ever had any probs with it reading CDs (CDR/RW in particular)?

It's just because I & a few bods I know have had JVC units in the past - all of whom experienced difficulties with various JVC units. Tbh I wouldn't have another again.

You could always think of part-exing it against a Kenwood/Pioneer/Clarion or something?

Sorry if it seems like I'm p*****g on your chips. I hope you get the funky techno jukebox gadget up & running soon.
              No problem reading any cd's i'm not sure if it had a power surg go through and mess something up on it,i've had it about 18months now and it has been in and out of the truck upteen times due to me constantly upgrading my system,but the last time i powered it up no sound came out weather on cd,radio,dvd the cd won't eject and it won't even let me run the test procedure to check it or manual release it,the powers all there but thats it press any of the buttons and nothing happens.

You mentioned p/x is there places that do that or is that just another way of saying chuck it in the bin.

Comment

Bin it & get either a single din unit or a double din UK spec.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Bin it & get either a single din unit or a double din UK spec.
                  Its already a uk unit the original jap crap radio was binned as soon as i bought the truck.

Comment

If its a decent one get it repaired.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X