Sneaky sneaky...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaky sneaky...

Just got a replacement log book through the post (totally unsolicited). The DVLA letter accompanying it said that it was because they are issuing "new style" logbooks to everyone. Well thats clearly balony as I already have a new style one...
    so I looked a bit closer...
    seems that the only difference is that they have reclassified my surf! It is no longer registered as an "estate" but as a "light 4x4 Utility" .

Now I'm not generally a suspicious person, but I cant help thinking that this is all in aid of taxing 4x4's more than other vehicles!

Anyone else had the same thing happen?
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

hmmm - looks like it'll be the £200 tax disc next!

what about all these rich !!!!!!!s with their 5l jags and mercs etc -

then again '2 jags' and the rest of em probably pay their tax with their expense claims!!!!!

take care chaps and chapesses!!

Chris
    (long time no post!)

Comment

I parked next to a rover at Pizzhut the other day. It was longer than my surf by a foot, and wider too. It was also Petrol with a bigger engine - How can I be penalised over that?

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        Just got a replacement log book through the post (totally unsolicited). The DVLA letter accompanying it said that it was because they are issuing "new style" logbooks to everyone. Well thats clearly balony as I already have a new style one...
        seems that the only difference is that they have reclassified my surf! It is no longer registered as an "estate" but as a "light 4x4 Utility" .

Now I'm not generally a suspicious person, but I cant help thinking that this is all in aid of taxing 4x4's more than other vehicles!

Mine has always been down as a light 4x4 utility,out of interest what are 4wd cars registered as like scoobys,evo's and all the others.

Comment

mine's still down as a motor caravan... but i got a new logbook and i thought i'd already got one!... thought it was cos it was SORN at the moment.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Mine has always been down as a Light 4x4 Utility vehicle.

Comment

I've had my new docs (V5c) and mine is still classed as an estate.
              According to the booklet supplied with it this has been done to "comply with EU directive 1999/37/EC which requires member states to introduce a common format for registration certificates which will help with identification of vehicles in international traffic and will be accepted for re-registration throughout the EU".

I believe them
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                I've had my new docs (V5c) and mine is still classed as an estate.
                According to the booklet supplied with it this has been done to "comply with EU directive 1999/37/EC which requires member states to introduce a common format for registration certificates which will help with identification of vehicles in international traffic and will be accepted for re-registration throughout the EU".

I believe them
                was that this year?? I had one about 3 months ago which still classed it as "estate"
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

was that this year?? I had one about 3 months ago which still classed it as "estate"
                  New document came in December
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    mine's still down as a motor caravan... but i got a new logbook and i thought i'd already got one!... thought it was cos it was SORN at the moment.
                    ignore that... getting confused between different cars! d'uh!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Well I can't tell as yet as they still haven't sent me mine
                      !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Had my V5C this morning and my dearly beloved is still registerd as an Estate. Does that mean I can't go to the supermarket in it anymore
                        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

just changed mine last few weeks and mine says
                          ESTATE
                          private/light goods (PLG)

looks like they dont like you linda shall we get the gang round there, if they up your tax????
                          Last edited by pops; 8 January 2005, 13:43.
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

"Light 4x4 Utility" on mine too. It's also new format V5 - had it since Sept 04.

If they do up the tax (huge shock that'd be!) we may have to all just drop in some V8 or other (pity it'd be petrol).

Don't you just love this country?!..
                            NorthWestDirt
                            [aka Paul]

Comment

...I had one about 3 months ago which still classed it as "estate"
                              Same here.

Comment

Working...
                              X