Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantocks Green Laning - Thu 30/12

Hiya,

Me and some collegues are going a bit green laning in the Quantocks - Somerset tomorrow. Muddy tracks, rocky surface, woods, steep climbs, fjords... but still green laning for standard road taxed family vehicles.

All vehicles welcome,i.e. my mates have a suki and rav4

Any one up to it?

We are thinking of midday, RV at Triscombe Stone's parking
    (O/S ref: ST 16.10 - 36.08) or (51°07'02˝N - 3°11'55˝W)

Hey Skipkoo

I would love to come but can't get away from work. I live in Taunton so pretty damn close really. Any other time you are thinking of going to the Quantock area It would be great to tag along.

I haven't done any off roading as yet only having my Surf a couple of months, would the routes be ok for learning?

Any chance you could suggest some green lanes around the Quantocks so I could go and play.

Don't have GPS but have found the Triscombe Stone Car Park that you suggested as meet point so could probably locate lanes with Grid Refs etc.

Hope you lot have a great time - I will enviously look out of my office in the general direction and think what could have been
    "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

Originally posted by n0rm
      Any chance you could suggest some green lanes around the Quantocks so I could go and play.
      You've got Mail !!! PM sent.

Comment

Might well come along - its not too far from me.

Cheers
        Kev

Comment

Cheers Skipkoo for all the Info I will try and get out to take a look on the weekend

Comment

Guys did you manage to get there in the end?

I went yesterday (the 1st)

went up to Triscombe Stone turned left at the top along the RUPP - it was cool but a bit scary it was pretty wet and muddy and there were some bits that seemed a bit risky. I guess it was the unknown we were by ourselves so if we had got stuck we would be bu**ered.

methinks I owe my girlfriend some new boots aswell hers got rather muddy opening all the gates.

Ah well it was great fun but would love to go with some others next time

Comment

Working...
            X