courtesy and driving..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courtesy and driving..

Many 4x4 owners seem to be given little or no courtesy in this neck of the woods which does make me a little cross..

However after today and seeing a Rav 4 owner hit a cat right in front of me i can see why some give us this reputation, the guy saw the cat and just kept going.. i stopped to pick up the pieces literaly, i dont want to go into detail but she was still alive of sorts. Ive been to many traffic accidents some even fatal but seeing this was horrific. And not even an attempt to stop. If my mrs and kids wernt in the car i would have thrown my surf around in the road caught up to the guy and made a real mess of his face...

Sorry for thr rant had to vent this somewhere away from my mrs and kids..
    Oh and Rav driver, i have part of your reg. Better pray to your god we dont meet again.

Back to bed now, hopefully i wont have this nightmare again tonight..

As a cat lover I hope you get the murdering heathen.

Comment

I had similar instance a Surf owner came past me at junction 18 on the M25 and proceeded straight off and onto the slip road... The thing is clowns like that dont realise how difficult it is to stop 44ton sliding when they do stupid acts like that, on top of that 9 times out of 10 the HGV driver will walk away from it not the car driver.

So the Surf owner in the Chorleywood Rickmansworth area be a bit more careful where HGVs are involved just pull out in front of a BMW instead
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

As you can imagine in my job I've seen some fantastic, courteous drivig styles so I'm not even going to start.............
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

It happened to me about 8 years ago. I was driving down the road in my cossie and a car passed me on the other side of the road. I heard screech marks from behind me and as i looked in my rear view, i saw something fly in the air and smoke from the tyres of a vehicle. Curiosity took over (cause as you do, you want to know whats been hit) so i turned the car around and went back to the spot. the other car had driven straight off and there in the middle of the road, was a cat ! Only just to say breathing, a gash right accross its neck and a bit of a crushed head with a missing eye. I could see it was suffering so the best thing for me to do was to neck it. (I think that hurt me more than the cat) Then i layed it down at the side of the road on the grass verge, got my cell and called the number on the neck collar.
          BUT........... You wouldn't believe the amount of people that were shouting at me and giving me abuse because they thought i was the prat thet knocked it down !!! Doesn't it annoy you when people kick off and don't know the facts ??? It's a good job a Gazette photographer wasn't there cause I would have been hanged !!!!!
          !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Maybe the Rav4 owner was rushing a sick person to hospital - whos to say? As this man says.....

Originally posted by Deviant 1
            Doesn't it annoy you when people kick off and don't know the facts ???

Comment

touche....and sadly as a cat is a non-domesticated animal, there is no legal obligation to report to the police. (when i first read this thread, i thought cat was a typo for car, needless to say i was horrified)
              Last edited by stara; 27 December 2004, 20:00.
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

I witnessed something similar about ten years ago. A car coming the other way was in collision with a deer and didn't stop. The deer was dead by the time I reversed back and got out of the car. It had a cleanly broken neck, so didn't suffer unduly. I was annoyed at the other driver for not checking on it's welfare.

The only upside to the story is that I had a freezer full of venison for a year. Well, you don't have to be a veggy to care about animal welfare.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

@JimL

The guy could have been rushing someone to hospital yes, he could have also called the police, as i found out later on no-one had reported the incedent except for me. No excuses as acceptable for this in my opinion.

And yes it is a police matter as the animal was causing an obstruction in the road,which was causing people to drive onto the wrong side of the road to avoid it.

Some people....

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk
                    @JimL

The guy could have been rushing someone to hospital yes, he could have also called the police, as i found out later on no-one had reported the incedent except for me. No excuses as acceptable for this in my opinion.

And yes it is a police matter as the animal was causing an obstruction in the road,which was causing people to drive onto the wrong side of the road to avoid it.

Some people....
                    also more to the point theres probably a heart broken owner somewhere a lot of people treat pets as part of the family
                    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                    (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

it was an accident, the guy didn't kick it to death, you don't know why he didn't stop, to 'make a real mess of his face' is one of the most absurd things i have heard, how would you have beaten this guy up, fists, feet, crooklock, who do you think would have been heartbroken then?, you never know, perhaps a blow to the head could put him in the same place as the cat.....It is really sad and unfortunate that this animal died, but put it into perspective guys.
                      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Anyone who has been affected by any of the issues raised in the above thread can seek help and therapy by reading:

It's only a hobby!

Comment

My cats due to die anyway cuz he runs at my surf when i pull on the drive and he sleeps on my tyre.Nice and cosy under the wheel arch.
                          SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

Working...
                          X