Anyone got a spare surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a spare surf

I dont !!!!!! believe this. Am I right in saying that today is the worst day statistically for accidents in the whole year. Thought so , Some drunken middle aged WOMEN(no offense ladies) has just back ended my pride and joy. The damn thing was parked, was under a lamppost and its not the smallest thing in the world and she managed to hit offside rear corner WHILE DRUNK. Geez what a mess ,at least there aint much left of her astra hehe.

Anyone got a spare motor coz mine isnt gonna get fixed now for at least a month and i needed it for work.
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Ok heres the damage ,The damage to the surf is worse than i thought theres a ripple effect all down the left hand side and a bit on the roof.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
      Ok heres the damage ,The damage to the surf is worse than i thought theres a ripple effect all down the left hand side and a bit on the roof.
      Ouch Mike .
      Astra is a definate goner . In my profesional opinion , (Insurance engineer) , Surf also sounds past financial repair .A rippeled roof is not good news , especially on a chassis/body vehicle , as they are stronger then monocoque construction .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks vagrant you really know how to cheer someone up.. If that is the case anyone got an old set of wheels for the surf as my alloys will not be staying on the vehicle lol. Would it be worth buying it back for spares as she was in mint condition.

Comment

Thanks vagrant you really know how to cheer someone up.. If that is the case anyone got an old set of wheels for the surf as my alloys will not be staying on the vehicle lol. Would it be worth buying it back for spares as she was in mint condition.
          Sorry Mike , but thats what I think . Best let the Insurance co. send someone out to see it in daylight . Make an offer to buy salvage if they do total loss it . Not many Insurance co.s do allow salvage retention anymore but you may be lucky and get it . Salvage cost could be 20% of value of vehicle settlement .
          Good luck , hope all works out for you . Ask me any questions if you want any further info .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I know it's no consolation to you mate, but at least the driver will be off the road for a bit now. The thought of her ploughing into people instead of another vehicle.....not good. What was her excuse anyway?

Comment

I didnt get an excuse ,Because of time of year and the time of night i just called police . Yes she was drink driving .........

If anyone can help me with some spare wheel before insurance guy comes out so i can save my rims coz i will be getting another surf if its a write off just let me know asap please!!!!!

Comment

phone the insurance company, tell them you need a car as of tomorrow, its their responsibility to provide a 'suitable' replacement ....alternatively hire one and sue the silly b#### for that too..
                were you in it at the time?
                is your neck at all sore?
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Mike i am feeling for you and you're bad whiplash, id go see a doctor tomorrow and tell him how your neck and head hurts and you need something for the PAIN.
                  I hate drink drivers !!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear you've lost your surf , i've got a set of old sterel wheels, the tyres are still legal, so you could get away with them, the only problem is they are in Hampshire. Your welcome to them if you can somehow pick them up.
                    Jez

Comment

ive got a lovely 92 SSR-G with 54k on the clock. new head, minor bottom engine problem. £3k.
                      2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

this man deserves a surf train express!
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Here are the daylight pics of my poor surf with a sore backside!!!!!

Can anyone say whether its likely to be able to be fixed??????

cheers Mik
                          Attached Files

Comment

that looks terminal to me,and a v,rare black one t'boot.I hope it gets delt with quickly for you which ever way.

Comment

Here are the daylight pics of my poor surf with a sore backside!!!!!

Can anyone say whether its likely to be able to be fixed??????

cheers Mik

sorry about your surf.... nice wheels, i got exact same 1's on mine but in blue. powervolk or somethin...
                              lets go get dirty...

Comment

Working...
                              X