t-belt warning light question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-belt warning light question???

hi there all. i am a total car novice. i am a builder and own a toyota surf 3.0 ssrv, absolutely beautiful wagon!
    it has been well looked after and serviced, around six months ago i had the cam (timing) belt replaced at 193000 km. tonight i hit the 200000 km mark and my t-belt warning light came on. obviously the light comes on automatically every 100000 km, is there a (easy) way to turn this light off, as my belt is only 7000 km old??

Take out the rubber bung from the gauges and press the small button with a paper clip.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      Take out the rubber bung from the gauges and press the small button with a paper clip.
      That's for the 2.4s.The 3 litre is a screw behind dash.Try a search or someone with a 3 litre may help soon.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
        That's for the 2.4s.The 3 litre is a screw behind dash.Try a search or someone with a 3 litre may help soon.

Neville
        I think the method Andy describes is correct for all 2nd Gens, with the screw behind the clocks (and other methods) applying to the 3rd Gens.
        That said, we've no clue in the original post as to which year of Surf the question relates......
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Looking at the mileage I assumed that it was a 2nd gen, they still have the rubber bung in the dash.

If it is a 3rd gen you will find the info here. http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ing+belt+light

Comment

thank you so much those who replied, im sorry i was a bit vauge on the year, it is a 94. that said, it had a rubber bung in the dash- which when held in for a few seconds, reset the warning light to off.

Comment

I have the same problem on mine after having the belt changed. Can you give me a clue as to were it is? I tried looking tonight (via touch light I will add) but could not find it.

Many thanks

Rich

It’s not the fall that kills you it’s the stop and the bottom

Comment

T-Belt Light

Hi the "T-Belt Light" is a good way of finding out if tyou surf has been clocked, l have had a set of clocks apart, and the gearing for the "T-Belt light" is vertually tapper proof to the extent of you would have to keep trying out to check it is reading wright. lf you vehicle has had the full speedo change ie clocking up miles driven as well as MPH the "T-Belt Light" should come on at every 62,000miles which is 100,000kms hope you know what l am getting at.
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

I think I do, The light came on just after I got it (with in a day in fact) and the dealer done the new belt and the light went out.

It came on a few weeks ago and had the belt done at my normal garage (the dealer is no more) but they did not know how to turn the light off. I did check the readings and it was around 62,000 so do not think the clocks have been done.

Regards

Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X